mcarterbrown.com  

The Garage Talk about your Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, and other Garage Related Projects.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Project Car Hell

So, what do you guys have that's taking up space and piddling on the floor?

That's my baby, a 1985 Jaguar XJS V12 Coupe.

Tell me somebody has it worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.

Last edited by Pif; 06-24-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

1949 buick roadmaster, long term bad idea
1987 chevy s10 v8 swap, trying to get it on the road this summer
1970 triumph tiger, hasn't ran since I parked it last fall. No time to tinker with it yet.
Reality Compromised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Compromised View Post
1949 buick roadmaster, long term bad idea
1987 chevy s10 v8 swap, trying to get it on the road this summer
1970 triumph tiger, hasn't ran since I parked it last fall. No time to tinker with it yet.
Love to see pics of them all!

Quote:
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Two Triumph Spitfires, locked away for 7 years now, waiting for me to have the cash to fix them up proper. It would help if I managed to be in the same country too. Heres a ten year old scan of one.

Was planning on putting a Toyota 4AGZE in one of them for a bit of fun factor.
But with the arrival of the Toybaru, by the time I get around to it I'm sure there will be a few surplus drivelines floating around.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
A.B.K.

CCM Fan
I will have a MkII Golf project.

I did have a '82 Fox body one time. Got it for free, stripped it down to a rolling chassis then said screw it and sold it all for scrap.
SOGAmember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pif View Post
So, what do you guys have that's taking up space and piddling on the floor?

That's my baby, a 1985 Jaguar XJS V12 Coupe.

Tell me somebody has it worse
In fairness I believe you were warned about Jaguars.

Just for the record the bosses had an engine fire a couple years ago that he repaired it after. This spring the transmission literally broke the case. Not a disastor because we have spares for parts but still not handy. I do have the only Jaguar that does not leak oil in the shop though
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Projects:
1969 Mustang Mach 1. It cant piddle on the floor. Theres nothing in it that can leak at this point.
Its a older picture but looks very similar

Replaced the fender aprons, Toque boxes, floors, Still have to do rear quaters, rear frame rails and trunk floor

Taking up space.
1987 Mercury Cougar 20th Anniversay Edition. Need a good cleaning and new breaklines. Probably will swap the motor as well because I know it smoked last time it was registered.

1989 Thunderbird SuperCoupe. Need to finish reinstalling the exhaust. Should be good to go after that. Needs minor body work as well.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pif View Post
Love to see pics of them all!

Reality Compromised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
In fairness I believe you were warned about Jaguars.

Just for the record the bosses had an engine fire a couple years ago that he repaired it after. This spring the transmission literally broke the case. Not a disastor because we have spares for parts but still not handy. I do have the only Jaguar that does not leak oil in the shop though
Oh, I do remember that you warned me

Actually, a lot of people warned me. Pretty much everyone I told about it. Still, when she's got curves like that... unf.

Right now I have to make a new EFI harness, see if the calipers can be freed, fix up a fair amount of body rust (including where the suspension in the rear links to the body for stability), patch up the exhaust and... figure out why the hell the lights aren't working. Oh, and chase down numerous slow leaks...

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Quote:
Old 06-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

here Is my piece of work.
Its a mutt, its registered as 78 cj7. But it has a frame from an 86 wrangler, a chevy 350 motor with a turbo 400 trans. Its got 6 Inches of lift and its sitting on 35's. It has not been on the road since 2001 but It was trailered to many off-roading events. Its going to take a bit of work to get it back on the road. starting with some brakes (to stop those 35's) and fixing the leak coming from the trans. Hopefully I can get her on the road soon!
518ontarget is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » The Garage