mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #1431 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I just wanna see Hershel tear some zombie *** up with a shotgun again, that was the best episode ever
Patar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #1432 (permalink)
Bland

If you look, right near the end of Season 2, Hershel has 15 shotgun kills. If I remember correctly, he didn't reload once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
Finding a good paintball game outside your area is like trying to figure out which neighborhood is the best for buying drugs.
Current Markers:
The Modern Pirate - Convertible Feed Sheridan

MCB Feedback
Tdot Feedback
RAZRBAKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #1433 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I hate how people keep harping on the shotgun reload thing. They cut away from him shooting several times. Is it SO inconceivable that a reload could have occurred off-camera? It's not like he sat there pumping out 15 rounds in one shot continuously.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #1434 (permalink)
Old 'n Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I hate how people keep harping on the shotgun reload thing. They cut away from him shooting several times. Is it SO inconceivable that a reload could have occurred off-camera? It's not like he sat there pumping out 15 rounds in one shot continuously.
He obviously had pre-ban magazines. Duh!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #1435 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

My point is that, would the effort of having him reload the gun on camera (and therefore, since he's an actor who doesn't necessarily know crap about guns, need to be trained to reload and practice doing so), been worth whatever effect such a shot would have had on the story? No. If he had sat there and gone through 15 rounds in a row without cutting away at any point I could understand people clinging to it so badly but they cut away, and in my mind, that's when a reload could have occurred, while they were showing one of the other groups slugging it out with the walkers.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #1436 (permalink)
Formerly Floundah

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target View Post
"Not a lesbian? Thats interesting"

"No, its not"

Thought the line was funny.
anyone else notice that later when hershel and carl hear screams while on the cell block, carl says something to the effect of "where is carol" and hershel replies "She's in the watch tower with Axel."

Subtle, but it was there
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #1437 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
My point is that, would the effort of having him reload the gun on camera (and therefore, since he's an actor who doesn't necessarily know crap about guns, need to be trained to reload and practice doing so), been worth whatever effect such a shot would have had on the story? No. If he had sat there and gone through 15 rounds in a row without cutting away at any point I could understand people clinging to it so badly but they cut away, and in my mind, that's when a reload could have occurred, while they were showing one of the other groups slugging it out with the walkers.
I concur. I'm able to overlook that one. Its easily feasible that he could've reloaded numerous times. That and there are much worse inconsistencies to focus on elsewhere.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #1438 (permalink)
Old 'n Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I concur. I'm able to overlook that one. Its easily feasible that he could've reloaded numerous times. That and there are much worse inconsistencies to focus on elsewhere.
We did see Hershel reload towards the end of the fire fight when they lost the Farm.
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #1439 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
If you watch closely, they re-used the same scene from at least 2 different cameras. I think I saw a fire belch or a shell behave the exact same way at least twice.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #1440 (permalink)
Phantom Lover

Quote:
My point is that, would the effort of having him reload the gun on camera - been worth whatever effect such a shot would have had on the story? No.
Know what else? I didn't see anyone eating or taking a **** or brushing their teeth the whole of season 2! SOOOOO unrealistic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floundah View Post
anyone else notice that later when hershel and carl hear screams while on the cell block, carl says something to the effect of "where is carol" and hershel replies "She's in the watch tower with Axel."

Subtle, but it was there
Yes - I thought it was an intentional placement. We know Carol and Daryl and going to co-redneck later.
Feedback
BoBo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat