mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #1981 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive
 
PistolRogue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jackson, NJ
Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I was kind of surprised to see the Gov just disappear. I'm sure he'll be back but was definitely expecting him to head straight back to the prison with whoever he had left. Although he couldn't have known at the time it could have been devastating for Rick' s group since their best fighters went off to Woodbury to chase him down.

As for Carl, I think he did the right thing, given the circumstance... The kid didn't drop the gun and was slowly approaching. With a shotgun that could have been very bad juju..
__________________
Jay AKA Rogue Reservoir Dogs Scenario Paintball Team- Our $#&* is RIGOROUS!
My Gear For SALE!
Check Out My Mod Threads : Pirate DSG - SA17 Mods - Simple/Cheap/Free TPX Mods - The 'Big Damn Hero' DRV
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #1982 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Michigan

I thought the season, for the most part, was pretty poor. However I like that they ended it where they did and allowed things to be mostly wrapped up involving Woodbury. The Governor makes an interesting antagonist and will be much better as one without the whole town thing getting in the way. I feel they have effectively hit the "reset" button in regards to this season and can restart next season with only some filler from the end of last season until it.
__________________
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #1983 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
chrislognshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
Nice ending. Like that there isn't a cliff hanger. It allows the show to go in any direction now. Let's the writers breathe a bit I would imagine.

Yeah, I wanted to see the Gov get shot.

I'm actually sorry to see Andrea go. I must be the only one I suppose.
there still is cliff hanger. we do not know how rick will handle all people took in from gov town. we do not know what going to happen rick and his group since gov is still alive and free. we also do not know how they are going to keep all people feed and safe since jail not as safe any more since they took out part fences and other stuff.
__________________
pc steam handle chrisfallout666
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #1984 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
chrislognshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I was kind of surprised to see the Gov just disappear. I'm sure he'll be back but was definitely expecting him to head straight back to the prison with whoever he had left. Although he couldn't have known at the time it could have been devastating for Rick' s group since their best fighters went off to Woodbury to chase him down.

As for Carl, I think he did the right thing, given the circumstance... The kid didn't drop the gun and was slowly approaching. With a shotgun that could have been very bad juju..
for some reason they want to change from comic book. not sure why they went that route. would been better gone comic book route since give better closure on it. they show how insane he was that comic book did not show.
__________________
pc steam handle chrisfallout666
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #1985 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Warrzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Milton, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
for some reason they want to change from comic book. not sure why they went that route. would been better gone comic book route since give better closure on it. they show how insane he was that comic book did not show.

Before the show came out Kirkman specifically said that the show would be different then the comic to keep the audience surprised.

However Kirkman need to be the one that writes the episode IMO......or at a minimum have alot more oversight then what he currently has.
__________________
Only The Dead See The End Of The War



Feedback Thread
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1997293
Warrzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #1986 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Saugus MA

My take:

Andrea: Spoken like a true "Civil Liberites Lawyer".
"I thought I could save everyone".

So long.

The Governor: "SURPRISE!"
He's Jim Jones.

See you, Martinez and "The Bowman" next season sometime.

Carl: "Dad, you didn't kill so and so, they ate Mom."
"The zombie I didn't kill ate Dale"
"WE GOTTA KILL EVERYTHING!!!!!"

Well adjusted boy you got there Sheriff Grimes.

Beth: Congratulations, I had you picked for a casualty and you actually drove a crowbar through a zombie's squash! Nice job kiddo! You and Carl gotta hook up.

And, did anyone see CAROL?
All "Biker chick'ed" with the fingerless gloves, and the "Matrix-style" trenchcoat! You have offically become a "MILF".
Quite a transformation from abused wife to hot zombie-killing machine!

I guess that the story here is CHANGE.
How the zombie apocalypse changes everyone.
No one has been left unaffected.

Despite the flaws the writers have done well I think.
__________________
Fearlessly, the idiot faced the crowd, smiling...
THE-SHOOTIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #1987 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
acesn8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northampton, PA

I liked the episode. I thought Andrea survived until the reveal.

I'm happy that the Govenor is still lurking around and now he doesn't have to put on a good face for the people. Reoccurring villains rock!

I also thought Carl made the right call. I thought the kid was trying to pull a fast one.
__________________
Pushing up the ante, I know you've got to see me,
Read 'em and weep, the dead man's hand again . . .
acesn8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #1988 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

i don't think that was carl's point. his point was to step up when the time calls for it, his examples may all just happen to be related with killing. i mean look at the beginning of the season, rick killed tomas without hesitation, but only when the time called for it. carl may be just reminding rick that was the right way to do it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
And, did anyone see CAROL?
All "Biker chick'ed" with the fingerless gloves, and the "Matrix-style" trenchcoat! You have offically become a "MILF".
Quite a transformation from abused wife to hot zombie-killing machine!
i almost forgot she held hands a little bit too long with daryl at the beginning.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #1989 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Saugus MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i don't think that was carl's point. his point was to step up when the time calls for it, his examples may all just happen to be related with killing. i mean look at the beginning of the season, rick killed tomas without hesitation, but only when the time called for it. carl may be just reminding rick that was the right way to do it.




i almost forgot she held hands a little bit too long with daryl at the beginning.
http://i.imgur.com/9F8KzxE.gif
I guess by the gif you don't find her attractive...............

(ROFLMAO!)
__________________
Fearlessly, the idiot faced the crowd, smiling...
THE-SHOOTIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #1990 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
I guess by the gif you don't find her attractive...............

(ROFLMAO!)
i won't be her age yet for a looong time...
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC