mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #2761 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I'm generally amused when people attempt to justify entertainment decisions through financial justification . The books right now are likely at an all time high as people are being exposed to their existence through the show and the demand is increasing. I doubt, after the price comes down, they regain that price. Its not like they are never able to be printed again - if the demand is high enough they will simply print more. The supply will increase and the demand will eventually drop.

If you enjoy the books and enjoy having books (I do) by all means buy them. But I think we drastically overstate the value of the collections we buy for our entertainment especially when those collections are based on popular culture.
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #2762 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
I'm generally amused when people attempt to justify entertainment decisions through financial justification . The books right now are likely at an all time high as people are being exposed to their existence through the show and the demand is increasing. I doubt, after the price comes down, they regain that price. Its not like they are never able to be printed again - if the demand is high enough they will simply print more. The supply will increase and the demand will eventually drop.

If you enjoy the books and enjoy having books (I do) by all means buy them. But I think we drastically overstate the value of the collections we buy for our entertainment especially when those collections are based on popular culture.
The "financle justification" is that they are books.. Not that they will always go up in value or anything like that ..

Books are always worth the money you spend on them becuase they are books..

We can justify or try to spending 60 on a video game but seldom want to drop money on a book..
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #2763 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
The "financle justification" is that they are books.. Not that they will always go up in value or anything like that ..

Books are always worth the money you spend on them becuase they are books..

We can justify or try to spending 60 on a video game but seldom want to drop money on a book..
Oh I'll agree with you on books having a certain value because of it. I like books and I like the book format. I just think they are likely at the peak of their value in dollars now. I disagree with the premise that they will become scarce though I will admit I read more into it than you wrote. They will have some value because they are books. I do not think that value will be as high as they are now.

Edit: I simplified your post down to something you did not actually write. I simplified it down to "the books will become rare and sought after and worth more than you are paying from them" which I simply think is incorrect. Its not actually what you wrote

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed

Last edited by Lohman446; 02-27-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #2764 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post

how when you can buy trade paper back books. or Omnibus editions book that has 25 books in one.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #2765 (permalink)
Fear the Beer!

I need a drink. Peach Schnapps anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkson View Post
After I found out I had a screw loose, he gave me a good short screw. Filled my hole completely.
forstgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:55 PM   #2766 (permalink)
that escalated quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by forstgump View Post
I need a drink. Peach Schnapps anyone?
Only if you got some rattlesnake to go with it.

"It sure would be nice if we got a day off for the president's birthday, like they do for the queen. Of course, then we would have a lot of people voting for a candidate born on July 3 or December 26, just for the long weekends." [Jack Handy]

MCB Feedback
magnificent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:34 AM   #2767 (permalink)
Banned

why did maggie sharpen her knife against a rock when she has a diamond?

why did rick choose the side of the bed with a dangling leg to get out of from under when the other side of the bed is completely clear?

i also question tyrese's choice to go "save" someone when he already has his hands more than full. it was kind of irresponsible to leave 3 children alone.

most importantly, i am thoroughly disappointed in glenn for not having just flayed that bull **** liar lady and used her dying screams as a distraction to leave the prison. he lost all his cool points there. of course the kicker is 1 episode later she has the gall to tell someone else to not lie to her.

but that irsh soldier guy, he's cool already.

i can't believe he never bothered to teach that doctor guy how to shoot, but at least he has trigger discipline.

Last edited by heinous; 03-03-2014 at 02:37 AM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:48 AM   #2768 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
Ok so the guy that got choked..not dead..

Why did Rick not kill him
"We don't kill the living" - remember Rick has some morals and this came into play...if he can get away without killing someone then he will try it. And unless his life is threatened he will not kill a person.
he did go to kill him. he ran into the room with that trophy to bash his head in. he didn't have time to do it because the companions were heading up into that room, that's when rick had to hide in the bathroom and kill the other guy.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #2769 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I finally got to watch the talking dead from last week! Yeah, they use Tippmann A-5's for the "dirt" bullets!

Pretty cool!

Glad to see Daryl finally show some feeling. Burning that house at the end was a good way to deal with his past. It will be interesting to see just how much of Georgia they end up burning down with that one! Course since the walkers are attracted to the flames it could be a good idea to corral and destroy large herds by just lighting a house on fire when they approach...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #2770 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
he did go to kill him. he ran into the room with that trophy to bash his head in. he didn't have time to do it because the companions were heading up into that room, that's when rick had to hide in the bathroom and kill the other guy.
No he went in to get the gun not to kill the guy. He grabbed the trophy to defend himself if the guys coming up the stairs discovered him. It was not until he tried to get out that he grabbed the trophy as a weapon.

As to him getting out on the side with the leg...well that was the side that you could not see from the door so I probably would have tried that exit as well simply because if someone was coming up the stairs you could get under the bed again and not risk getting seen.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat