mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
slowly coming back around

are you ready for the Zombpocalypse?

As many of us have discussed in here at length our plans for Z-day (the apocalyptic day the zombies take over the Earth) we all know where we're going and what we're doing on that day, but how many of you are physically fit and ready for it to happen? As we all know from watching Zombieland, Rule #1 is Cardio cardio cardio.

So who would have guessed that someone out there would make up a workout routine specifically for the survival of the zombpocalypse? Apparently I was wrong in that assumption too - Zombiefit. From their website:

Quote:
What is functional fitness? We think it is the ability to perform any given task, at anytime, quickly and efficiently. Functional fitness and situational awareness are necessary skills that are lacking in today's society. ZombieFit hopes to change that.

What if you woke up tomorrow to find your city overridden with zombies, would you survive? This may seem childish, but by preparing for the impossible, you'll be ready for the improbable.

The keys to surviving Z-day are simple: Be able to lift and throw heavy things, run fast and for long distances, and be able to navigate obstacles and urban environments in an efficient manner. By following the ZombieFit WODs (workout of the day) and practicing parkour, you will achieve increased fitness through the performance of functional movements at high intensity and find within yourself the internal discipline and mental fortitude necessary to become a traceur.

Our goal is to be instructive in functional fitness and the parkour ideology. We sincerely hope you learn something from this site. Whether you need zombies to motivate you, or just want a good workout/place to learn parkour, we'll be able to help.
So it's mostly a parkour and all-around fitness workout that's using the zombpocalypse as an excuse of why to do it, but still pretty interesting. Of course, when I first heard about this and before I got a good look at the website, I saw in my head this class of slightly overweight people scrambling across a parkour'd jungle gym of a workout room being chased by trainers in zombie costumes. "Come on Mr Brown, get up that wall or the zombie will get you! Good, now drop down the other side and crawl through that drainage pipe! Too slow, got your ankle, now you're going to be a zombie!"

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

Check out my current sale and my feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Well this is probably what we need to get lazy, middle aged and overweight nerds in shape.
Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I'm ready to get turned into a zombie. Really, it's not that bad. Except for a few non-zombies trying to blow your head off.

When that day comes, I'm duck taping a helmet on my head and a couple machetes on my arms. I'll be one badass zombie.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Awesome dude.
Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
I'm ready to get turned into a zombie. Really, it's not that bad. Except for a few non-zombies trying to blow your head off.

When that day comes, I'm duck taping a helmet on my head and a couple machetes on my arms. I'll be one badass zombie.
So you'll be that zombie I'll have to kill with a grenade launcher?

ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

We all complain about Zombies like they are a bad thing, yet readily plop ourselves down in front of the TV/Computer/Gaming Console and stare at that for hours on end. Weird.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Just Some Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party View Post
Well this is probably what we need to get lazy, middle aged and overweight nerds in shape.
Why are you picking on me?

My Feedback
MarkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboater203 View Post
We all complain about Zombies like they are a bad thing, yet readily plop ourselves down in front of the TV/Computer/Gaming Console and stare at that for hours on end. Weird.
Oh you and your logic....

Mini collection
Old School VM68 Mag with PPS Stab, dual bottle (rear and slant. Ported valve and Starfire Bolt (alum), tweaked springs & Lapco Cocker adapter.
Pneumatic Design Storm Oddball marker but fairly accurate.
Phantom 6",11 & 14"" DanW .45 Grips SC hori feed now VSC, Shoed up.
PGP Blinging, Classic AutoMag (mini) "Tactical" custom,
Trracer Rifle in the works, 2k+VF WGP cocker, 2 Trilly Pump "Sniper" conversions, 3 Trracers
Sgt Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
That's all well and good for slow zombies. For fast zombies we're all porked anyway, so why bother?
Old 05-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
PKM - BOOSH!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
That's all well and good for slow zombies. For fast zombies we're all porked anyway, so why bother?

Fast Zombies are gonna be the death of us. Sure we can handle one... maybe 2... but despite the guns, saws, grenades and blade..... when there are 45 of them... hungry and sprinting like a kenyan.. GAME F*&^% OVER.

My Feedback

everex5 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat