mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
My teachers were never like this

http://www.wmur.com/news/9336886/det...s=man&psp=news

That's about an 45 min to hour drive to the east of me...

So what's up with all the women teachers lately?
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
I had mostly old ladies myself.

Maybe we just never heard about such things back then...

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to thrive78

"providing sex".... makes it sound like a buisness
POG #1062
POG Feedback MCB Feedback
thrive78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

Why don't I have teachers like that?

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark
Why don't I have teachers like that?
Because it's illegal for teachers to be like that. Besides, do you really want a 30 year old ugmo ? Can't you find some girl your age, who is attractive ?
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

in order of the questions.

not in mexico, yes, and as a matter fact yes

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

You know, this would come to a screeching halt if folks stopped thinking a 30 year old man having sex with a 15 year old girl was “bad” but a 30 year old woman with a 15 year old boy is “good”…. and then they punished men and women exactly the SAME.

But on another note, I get sick of the WILLING kids being called “victims”. Yes a crime was committed, but if all parties were willing, it is a victimless crime. The person breaking the law should be charged and punished, but that does not mean the younger person was “victimized”. But they always call the kids that… victims.
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Yeah, when I was "victimized" at 15 I was a willing and active participant.

I do think that relationships like these have the potential to be emotionally damaging, but you're right, the word "Victim" gets thrown around in a lot of situations where it's probably not relevant.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

The girls soccer team coach at my old High School was just indited for having sex with at least one girl last year.... he is currently 35.... not good.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/14729976.htm

I have to disagree about the victim aspec.... just because they may or may not have gotten pleasure out of the experience and may have been willing, does not mean that they were not a victim. The reason we have laws protecting those under the age of 18, is because more often than not they are not emotionally ready to handle this kind of stuff... hell I don't think most "kids" should be allowed to drive until they are at least 18... let alone have to worry about all the other crap.... so yeah they may be physically mature enough to have sex, but does their brain have a decent enough comprehension of what they are getting into (this is why you have the really f'd up ones like the nut and his high school "girlfriend" who shot his wife..they were on the tube recently) and get all sorts of crazy thoughts in their heads. And yes the adults, both male and female, are predators who take advantage of this mental/emotional immaturity.

It's real easy to say.. ahh the kid got laid, good for him/her.... but like Robert mentioned...if they are a sane individual (with a developing mind)..they will have emotional problems later in life. That's a whole subject we could talk about...of course my references are 4.5 hrs north of me so lets hold off on youth criminals for a while.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Schmitti,
I would agree with you but for one fact…. They are already HAVING sex at that age. Most of the time it is with people more their age, but the ACT is still being done. So are they victimizing each other? Not hardly.

That would be like saying that if an 18 year old gave a 14 year old a cigarette he just victimized the 14 year old…. Even if the 14 year old chose to smoke and was smoking already before the 18 year old got involved.

Simply put it is all hogwash. I agree that kids are not mentally capable of dealing with all the repercussions that go along with sex, but that is far from saying that if they HAVE sex they are a victim. And as for your example of being messed up in the head because of bad relationships involving sex… sorry, that happens even without the sex. And further more it happens in every age group. As a former police officer I can tell you that without a doubt.

The laws are there to prevent youths from being taken advantage of, yes. But not every youth is being taken advantage of simply because they had sex, more so when they would be doing it among their own peer group anyways. It seems that we always want it both ways when it comes to youths and accountability....... well, not for me. Sorry.
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat