mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
My Aerostar West story.

When I was a kid I ordered a lot from a mail order company I am sure some of you remember - Aerostar West out of Chicago.

In 1988 I ordered 200 rounds for myself and they sent me 2000!

Being 15 years old I never considered contacting them - the P.O. showed 200 I paid for 200 - they just shipped too much. I am sure now, as an adult, I would contact them and try to rectify the situation.

Anyway - I got this shipment at the beginning of the summer and remember shooting it all summer out of my PGP.

The summer of Orange Nelson Paint was 1988 for me.

TF

p.s. I know - it is a story about nothing really - just thought I would share.

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Bones

Very entertaining.
You should try to track down the founder and pay him for the full 2000, just because.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Wasn't that Steve?? Or was he Aerostar East. Track him down....

Hit up Steve Distad is my memory is correct... Or just PM him SteveD

I'm probably wrong, but I thought he had something to do with it all....

Carter
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
No longer a RAP4 dealer

Send a message via AIM to Rap4paintball

Fan of EMR
I vote for paying him back, you get that warm fuzzy feeling inside. Plus it will probly make the owner feel good about the type of business he ran if previous customers, from some 19 years ago, went as far as to track him down and repay him. Even though he technically, or his workers, were at fault.

My Feedback
Rap4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Well... I'd think more on the lines of buy someone a beer
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

I was given $12.02 cents extra back as change last thursday. What got my attention to it was the pennies. I started to walk away when I realized this then counted change, After handing the loot back I was given some free sammich coupons(rallys, checkers to some) While I didnt feel that I deserved free sammiches for being honest I took them as a gift.

Now they are in my center console of my car for the next time I am broke and hungry. I know I will appreciate them then.
Chemical-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
There was a special done on Primetime that I would have failed. They gave people back 40 dollars too much change. Everyone but one dude gave back the change.

I would certainly do it now - when I was 15 the world revolved around me so much I never even thought about it.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Sadly unless the change given back is alarge amount I do not even count it. Most times I simply just cram it in my pocket.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Once when I was working retail, I had gone to the bank for change; 3 straps of ones and a strap of fives. I handed over my $500 to the lady, and she came back and gave me a strap of ones and 3 straps of fives; a $600 mistake.

I stood there looking at her, and said, "Ma'am, you don't want to do that." She said, "Honey, that's exactly what you asked for..."

Later, when I had time to think about it I'll admit that I kicked myself a bit in retrospect. However at that particular moment in time, my good training from Mom and Dad was in full effect. I stuck to my guns and kept telling her it was the wrong amount. When she realized what she was doing, she burst into tears.

Now, I find out from one of my guys that used to work in Banking, most places used take any varience out of your drawer from your paycheck. It would have been like stealing $600 bucks from a lady most likely pulling down a little over minimum wage.

$600 would have been nice, but I would have just spent it on hookers and beer. That warm feeling is still with me.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
Once when I was working retail, I had gone to the bank for change; 3 straps of ones and a strap of fives. I handed over my $500 to the lady, and she came back and gave me a strap of ones and 3 straps of fives; a $600 mistake.

I stood there looking at her, and said, "Ma'am, you don't want to do that." She said, "Honey, that's exactly what you asked for..."

Later, when I had time to think about it I'll admit that I kicked myself a bit in retrospect. However at that particular moment in time, my good training from Mom and Dad was in full effect. I stuck to my guns and kept telling her it was the wrong amount. When she realized what she was doing, she burst into tears.

Now, I find out from one of my guys that used to work in Banking, most places used take any varience out of your drawer from your paycheck. It would have been like stealing $600 bucks from a lady most likely pulling down a little over minimum wage.

$600 would have been nice, but I would have just spent it on hookers and beer. That warm feeling is still with me.
Depends on the bank as to docking pay. More than likely she would have just been terminated. The policy where I work goes by frequency of offages and amount your drawer is off per quarter. Anything over $200 (I think) and you get put on probation for the next quarter - even if you find the mistake in your work the next day and correct it. It's more of a PitA thing than anything. I believe with really large amounts like that which are NOT findable in work she would have more than likely been terminated and cited as stealing it herself or in cahoots with someone else. I honestly don't know as I have been luckey to count my cash VERY carefully.

They break up their fives strangly. A band of fives here is 25 bills equaling $125, or the full band of 100 bills equaling $500.

Thank you for being nice to her. Being a teller is one of the most thankless and nasty jobs around. (Customer service too since folks WHINE). Standing on your feet all day while working on literaly hundreds of transactions... working Saturdays, being at work AFTER most normal people go home. Yeah. It's not a joy. Whoever coined the phrase "bankers hours" deserves to be drug out into the street and shot.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat