mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #21 (permalink)

Digital tiger is a real head scratcher.
Is it issued to any combat personnel at all?
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I see the AF walking around in it, the army has ACU, we have NWU (useless), and the marines have MARPAT / their deserts.

EDIT: CD your post made me laugh

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_772 View Post
I see the AF walking around in it, the army has ACU, we have NWU (useless), and the marines have MARPAT / their deserts.

EDIT: CD your post made me laugh
Like Shadow said, it's what the AF uses. ABU is what they call it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I think Mulicam is by far the most useful camo. We (USAF) have Digital Tiger stripe but come on, what do we really need to blend in with, office furniture?
Helps to hide from the boss! Look at what the Navy came up with. You can't see a person at night! I can't tell you how many students I almost hit when I first got to San Diego. They just walk out right in front of you and you can't see then until the last minute unless you have your high beams on.
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by worrptangl View Post
Helps to hide from the boss! Look at what the Navy came up with. You can't see a person at night! I can't tell you how many students I almost hit when I first got to San Diego. They just walk out right in front of you and you can't see then until the last minute unless you have your high beams on.
That's right. It helps you blend in with everyone else so the Chief can't find you!

I don't get the Navy's new uniform. All that blue!! What happens if you fall in the water, no one can find you!! Should have gone orange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
YS-OFG

The NWU is actually very close to certain urban patterns... maybe it's harder for snipers to spot you on deck? Blend in to your chair when you fall asleep watching an... uhm... educational film? Yeah, I don't get it either. Navy: it's there for saying "Look what we brought!" It's not like you can conceal our boats, and it's not like our people leave them too often.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
flyweightnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Here in Northern VA, I see a lot of multicam, and I never fail to see the people wearing it in the late spring-early fall months.

It is designed to reflect surrounding colors (hence the neutralish color tones) but, it only goes so far. In a lush green environment, it will look brown.

Omnipat is similar (again, neutralish color tones), in design and overall effect.

A-TACS is another newer pattern that is getting a lot of recent interest, and it's also in neutral tones.

One thing these patterns benefit from is that most of the places paintball players take cover in, on paintball fields, are composed of dead material (fallen tree trunks, brush killed by trampling/shooting, pallets, rocks, dirt, etc), and they are usually neutral toned.

Do not, I repeat, do not rely upon photos to influence your opinion of camo performance:

1. The best digital professional digital cameras are still not even close to our mark 1 eyeball's ability to distinguish colors.
2. Processing (i.e. conversion from RAW to JPEG) impacts color accuracy
3. Your monitor does not match what the camera captured (unless you calibrated your monitor to the camera used in the shoot).

You need to see the camo in the environment you are thinking about playing in. With Multicam, this is easy- go to the surplus store, buy a Tru-spec hat, and take it to your field and place it in the locations you're likely to take cover in.

The ABU, and the NWU weren't designed so much for concealing the wearers but, rather giving a military, professional, appearance to the forces. As a former sailor, I would've welcomed the NWU aside from the fact it would make locating a man-overboard more difficult. Let's look at the evolution: "Dungarees": Bell Bottom pants with patch pockets (like those on the backs of Levi's) front and back, and a light blue button down shirt. In this time, most manually intensive job positions replaced the entire uniform with camo BDU pants, and a longsleeve turtleneck, or a 1-piece dark blue coverall. "Utilities": replace the bell bottoms with slacks (finally, usable front pockets) but, still not good for the manual intensive stuff (leading most 'working' groups to replace them). "NWUs": What they have now. I haven't seen them on 'working' folks yet but they probably still replace the shirt. Now, everybody has usable front pockets and, cargo pockets!

One thing a lot of people fail to do is to realize that camo serves two purposes- hide troops, and make your military forces look, military (and not like law enforcement, etc).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Haha the NWU is just another Navy uniform It is like a damn fashion contest how often they change our uniforms. They are about to change the whites, the blues (slightly) and the PT uniform. The NWU's are rather new, but who knows when they navy will get sick of em lol.

And no, they weren't supposed to help us blend into anything... If they were... Well Navy, you chose one crappy designer.

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
D'oh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Here in Northern VA, I see a lot of multicam, and I never fail to see the people wearing it in the late spring-early fall months.
Have you found anything that works better in that area?
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
when in doubt EBD

i like the marpat for thicker woods

interested to check out the dye line of gear at dday.

914 Dogs of War (Major)

Aztec Warriors scenario team Texas
Member of Land Sharks

I do home lending in Texas. Need a house let me know if nothing else its free advice.
seal is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat