mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
meh, what the hell

MCB's Dirty Jobs

Well, I have a dirty job. I've been at it all weekend and it got me wondering who else here on MCB has a dirty job?

As for mine, I work as an autopsy tech. And its PLENTY dirty. Pretty bloody too (Hence the screen name). I wont go into too many details for those of you that cant stomach it, but if it comes to a concensus that some tidbits can be handled, I'll put it out there. Now I work at a hospital, not the Medical Examiners, so I dont see a lot of crazy stuff, but some of the pathology that I get to see is incredible!

What about you guys?
Old 06-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Different kind of dirty, but I'm a mechanic. Currently working on tractors/trucks/small engines.
Its not a really dirty job, but the perma grease that doesn't come off your hands is.
Pat.

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave.
I don't wanna die, I'm a god, why can't I live on?
When the Life Giver dies, all around is laid waste.
And in my last hour,
I'm a slave to the power of death.
p-bpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

I stay clean, the dirty part is being away from home for weeks at a time.

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Im a boiler welder. Build Parts for power plants and paper mills. The dirtiest part of my job is I do alot of other things besides weld. So when we have to stress relieve something I get to pack the Kao-wool around all the parts and make sure the heat cant get out. Kaowool is a white fiberglass substances that sticks to everything wet. Soooo when your sweating it sticks all over you and itches like crazy.

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it..
Tigwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
I'm a floorlayer. I crawl around on my hands and knees in dirty, nasty floors that get trampled by hundreds of thousands of people a year. There's been times where one shower after work didn't make me feel clean enough. It's not all bad, but we do get some scummy jobs. Not to mention all the asbestos tile we find.

You wouldn't think it, but hospitals are the worst. Some of the things I've seen underneath that seemingly clean floor....yech. Blood is the worst. Once in a while, working in an OR, you find dried blood here and there and it just makes you want to puke. Found needles before, too. I hate working in hospitals, they're disgusting.

For the most part though, it's just dusty. Nothing that a good hot shower when you get home can't fix. And the pay is good, so I can't complain TOO much.

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

HVAC mechanic at University of Alaska Fairbanks.

Last big job I was covered head to toe in glycol, dirt, and sweat. I was the smaller of the two of us so I got the privilege of crawling in the hole for the air intake.
JTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I work at a mental hospital, in their adolescent residential unit. Most of the kids belong to the state and are court ordered to be there. They range from borderline personalities to straight behavioral such as those that should be in a juvenile detention center. I've seen some very messed up things.

I've seen feces smeared across the walls, pee filled waterbottles flung at people, ive been spit on numerous times, kids trying to eat their vomit, a kid thinking his finger was a sucker after giving himself a "prostate exam". Staff get assaulted daily.

i think it might be considered a dirty job
goody2141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rejected by Caelus

I so wish I could claim to be a lawyer in this thread :P

Anyway, a mostly clean job here. Though it's a treat when I get to/have to get dirty. Staying clean often gets more done, and shows more competence. Thus, nothing to contribute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Well, I have a dirty job. I've been at it all weekend and it got me wondering who else here on MCB has a dirty job?

As for mine, I work as an autopsy tech. And its PLENTY dirty. Pretty bloody too (Hence the screen name). I wont go into too many details for those of you that cant stomach it, but if it comes to a concensus that some tidbits can be handled, I'll put it out there. Now I work at a hospital, not the Medical Examiners, so I dont see a lot of crazy stuff, but some of the pathology that I get to see is incredible!

What about you guys?
I would LOVE to hear about the interesting pathology you have seen!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedback/116955-gunraptors-feedback.html
GunRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
meh, what the hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
I would LOVE to hear about the interesting pathology you have seen!
Ever seen a horseshoe kidney?! That was pretty surprising. I was eviscerating and expecting 2 kidneys when I stopped dead in my tracks and saw the 2 kidneys fused together! It was quite a sight!

Here is a good picture of one. This is after it has been fixed (preserved):

(not my photo)
Old 06-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Deathwish_DW Send a message via Yahoo to Deathwish_DW

O.O
Proud Dealer of: J4 Paintball - Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG - Deadlywind - Valken

MCB Feedback 57+ (People don't really leave me feedback, lol :d)
PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat