mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #151 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
I think that is my biggest gripe about it. I liked it but it really did feel like it was missing "it". I think that the it may have to do with it as a stand alone movie. As part of a whole it was very good. On its own.... ehh just not "it"

I fully agree- I think about it this way, The Matrix was a great movie on it's own, the Trilogy was okay. The Hobbit was okay on it's own maybe, the Trilogy will be great.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #152 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

I finally saw it last weekend. I did enjoy it, and it's obviously more attentive to details of the book than any of the LOTR movies were (obviously time-wise). The whole introduction seemed to take up half of the movie, even when it was amusing. The songs were well done. I liked that.

Some parts seemed really different, but I haven't read the book in something like 10 or 15 years give or take. Either I'm misremembering some of the stuff that went on in the woods, especially with meeting the trolls and epic goblin battle, or it was different.

I LOVED the scene with the brown wizard and his sled-rabbits. Oddly enough I had been joking about eventually raising a bunch of Flemish Giants and trying to have the very first team of sled-rabbits for the sprint races, just about a week or so prior. How can you not love a sled bunny team?

It needed more dragon. I was highly disappointed that you hardly saw the dragon until the very last moment. Fire and a shadow while the town is ravaged is NOT enough. MORE DRAGON!

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #153 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listessa View Post

It needed more dragon. I was highly disappointed that you hardly saw the dragon until the very last moment. Fire and a shadow while the town is ravaged is NOT enough. MORE DRAGON!
There's two more full movies for dragon, hold your horses.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:11 AM   #154 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
There's two more full movies for dragon, hold your rabbits.

Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback

Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 AM   #155 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
There's two more full movies for dragon, hold your horses.
I know... I just wish it was more instantly gratifying. I love a well done dragon movie.
It has been a movie I keep thinking about - it was really gorgeous, and I really enjoyed the songs.

sniper42, bunnies are held! Can't wait to see the others.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #156 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listessa View Post
I finally saw it last weekend. I did enjoy it, and it's obviously more attentive to details of the book than any of the LOTR movies were (obviously time-wise). The whole introduction seemed to take up half of the movie, even when it was amusing. The songs were well done. I liked that.

Some parts seemed really different, but I haven't read the book in something like 10 or 15 years give or take. Either I'm misremembering some of the stuff that went on in the woods, especially with meeting the trolls and epic goblin battle, or it was different.

I LOVED the scene with the brown wizard and his sled-rabbits. Oddly enough I had been joking about eventually raising a bunch of Flemish Giants and trying to have the very first team of sled-rabbits for the sprint races, just about a week or so prior. How can you not love a sled bunny team?

I read the hobbit as a gradeschooler so, I know my memory is off. That being said, I've been told the following:

The series includes a lot of stuff from the appendicies, and notes he wrote in the margins. Several scenes in the first movie are completely due to Peter Jackson's creativity as the Hobbit is written as Bilbo's point of view so, the much of the stuff with the Goblins was never covered in the book. Just like there was no bunny sled (which I was thoroughly amused with) in the book.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #157 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
I saw it in 2D last night. I thought the build up was slow but then the action really kicked in.
Isn't that the point? If it had moved any faster during the 1st hour any hobbit would have quit.
dundadun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #158 (permalink)

This is funnier than it had any right being.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs4Ma7J0cyg
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #159 (permalink)
MCB Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnaojlfdUbs
Old 06-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #160 (permalink)
chuff chuff

I like the trailer. Some obvious departures from the book of course but it looks pretty epic.
Hobbes is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat