mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidneythief
I question the validity of their lawsuit.

God is'nt smitting our country becuase of the gays....its because of them.

-Jake
I also question the validity of their lawsuit, but they will get their day in court… just like anyone else. However the press needs to stop covering stuff like this IMHO. But they never will. The press does not care if something is truly important or not, all they see is something to show they are “reporting something”.

As for God smitting our country because of them… I have to disagree. God is not smitting our country at all. Things happen. God does not dabble in things the way some would like to claim He does. It is more important to God (IMO) what we do when faced with different situations than it is for Him to create situations either to reward or punish us. The US is far from being the worse nation on earth, so why would God punish us yet allow all the other far worse things to happen around the world?

……….but whatever.
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

If someone were to take a hit out on these guys, even if they were caught, Would a jury convict them? If you were already headed for the pokie anyways, why not take out a few before you go, right?

Seriously, I am really surprised that no one has.

I am sure some hell's Angels types wouldn't be too afraid of gutting a few of them, and if he was already gonna be in trouble for something else anyways?

Just wondering why it hasn't happened.

It's kinda like if a dad murders a guy for kidnaping, sexually molesting and murdering his child. If I was on that jury, I would find him not guilty. Justifiable homicide.

This is why there are juries. Because if the law is unjust, the people will simply find the breaker of said law innocent. Another check and balance to the system that isn't used to it's most effective level.

This is how prohibition was lifted. The feds would bust people, then the jury would find them innocent. Don't look at jury duty as a chore, look at it as the ability to do your part to punish an evil doer, or release an innocent man.
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartley
I also question the validity of their lawsuit, but they will get their day in court… just like anyone else. However the press needs to stop covering stuff like this IMHO. But they never will. The press does not care if something is truly important or not, all they see is something to show they are “reporting something”.

As for God smitting our country because of them… I have to disagree. God is not smitting our country at all. Things happen. God does not dabble in things the way some would like to claim He does. It is more important to God (IMO) what we do when faced with different situations than it is for Him to create situations either to reward or punish us. The US is far from being the worse nation on earth, so why would God punish us yet allow all the other far worse things to happen around the world?

……….but whatever.
I was just kidding with the last statement I forgot to add the smily.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Paintball Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartley
so why would God punish us yet allow all the other far worse things to happen around the world?
To quote Calvin and Hobbes:

"Its hard to believe in God when some people aren't hit by lightning bolts"

-rath

Last edited by shartley; 07-24-2006 at 03:38 PM.
rathbaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidneythief
I was just kidding with the last statement I forgot to add the smily.

-Jake
It's all good.
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cheffer

And where is the ACLU when there is a real civil rights violation?!?!

Just think about the poor chicago-ans that don't get to eat thier fatted goose (or more likely duck in this country) liver!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060724/..._behavior_cops

Seriously, why do people think they need to go around telling other people what they can and can't do? And why does the ACLU always take up the fights that I don't agree with (well, those are the ones I see reported anyway, I don't know everything they do)?
jhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

I can't say I respect this particular cause, allthough I do think it's good to have groups like the ACLU around to look out for the little guy. It helps keep the government from creating laws which do infringe upon our constitiutional rights. Granted, I can think of a time or two which I believe they should have stepped up- but that is another story. As loathsome as I feel Phelps protests are, sadly enough there isn't much we can do about them within leagal ramifications. (since when have I liked the leagle system?)

My opinions of Rev Phelps put him on levle with spiders and roaches. I feel he has taken his beliefs and twisted his religion to how he sees fit. I'm sure when the time comes and he has to face the consequences for his actions, he won't be let off eaisly.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ok, first of all the 1st amendment applies to EVERYONE. Including jerks such as phelps and his ilk.

Quote:
? Attack the good Boy Scouts program at every possible turn and defend these vile freak shows?
Because the boy scouts choose to discriminate.

Quote:
Why is it the ONLY time the ACLU will help out a Christian is when they are the most VILE form of "Christian" on the planet?
I don't know where you get your half-truths but they have defended EVERY religion on this planet. Including MANY "christians"

Quote:
The problem with the ACLU is that they don’t use morals, only the letter of the law.

And who are YOU to decide what is "moral"?

Last edited by mike31c; 07-25-2006 at 12:23 AM.
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

The ACLU sure loves to raise a stink about any First Amendment issues, but look at their stance on the Second Amendment, when was the last time they chose to defend it against unconstitutional encroachments? The answer is never, because they don't believe in it. I don't get them, what do they think guarantees their first amendment rights in the first place? They claim to defend civil liberties, why ignore such an important one? I also have a hard time believeing that their defense of Phelps is anything but a sensational political publicity stunt. I don't see how requiring protesters to stand back a few hundred yards is detrimental to the First Amendment.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarMonkey
The ACLU sure loves to raise a stink about any First Amendment issues, but look at their stance on the Second Amendment, when was the last time they chose to defend it against unconstitutional encroachments? The answer is never, because they don't believe in it. I don't get them, what do they think guarantees their first amendment rights in the first place? They claim to defend civil liberties, why ignore such an important one? I also have a hard time believeing that their defense of Phelps is anything but a sensational political publicity stunt. I don't see how requiring protesters to stand back a few hundred yards is detrimental to the First Amendment.

That is also false -->
http://www.aclu.org/police/gen/14523res20020304.html
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat