mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

1 guy 30 talibans

Gurkha honoured for solo defence of base against Taliban | UK news | guardian.co.uk

and check out his name, looks like he... dished out some punishments.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

thats pretty awesome
stolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Eating Iranian Happy Cake

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
You know that story's over a year old, right?

That said Gurkhas are not people to F with, they've been British special forces since the mid 1800s, IRCC.

Also that Royal Marine Capt was in Sangin, were I was stationed. Not my unit but the unit before took over from the Brits. Some pretty thick fighting there, luckily I was to the south, on the logistics FOB Nolay, sandwiched between FOB Rob, were all the SpecOps guys hung out, and FOB Sangin.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic Hapi Snak View Post
You know that story's over a year old, right?
yeah, i realized that after i posted, you hipster you.

still, i've never seen it before and i don't know why because i bet there are lots of interests in badass stories like these.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
Badass of the Week: Dipprasad Pun

I like this version better.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Yeah, there's some crazy mofo's out there.

5 Soldiers Whose Horrific Injuries Only Made Them Angry | Cracked.com

Quote:
#5. Stephen "Turbo" Toboz
When someone who is not a cartoon character is called "Turbo," it is usually safe to start screaming bulls**t. Not so with Stephen Toboz, who happens to back his nickname up by being a Navy SEAL. In fact, he got it during the inhumanly hard SEAL training, where some of the fittest soldiers in the world drop like flies from exhaustion. Toboz, however, was hyper throughout the training period, ran incredibly fast and actually thought the whole thing was great fun.

He made it through the training, naturally, and became a fully fledged SEAL who eventually wound up fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan. In March of 2002, Turbo was part of Operation Anaconda (we dare you not to think about G.I. Joe while reading that sentence), one of the first large-scale battles of the war in Afghanistan. He was part of a six-man team that had flown back into an enemy stronghold atop a mountain to rescue a captured teammate. Their helicopter was shot down but managed to land safely -- only to be immediately caught up in an ambush.

As the team leader ordered them to withdraw, Turbo was hit by automatic weapon fire that somehow spiraled around his left leg, shattering bones and punching a hole the size of a fist in his calf.
Turbo crawled along with the team on all fours, barely visible in three feet of snow, fighting pain, blood loss and the -20 degree weather. Oh, and he fought the enemy, too. He actually provided cover for the rest of the unit all along, refusing to take any morphine for his near-incapacitating pain to be able to do so.

This went on for 18 ****ing hours. All under a constant barrage of bullets and mortar fire. In the end, they made it out alive. At that point Turbo had lost over three liters of blood and was only able to survive because the cold weather froze his wound shut. In the hospital, Toboz lived up to his nickname by getting annoyed at the slow pace at which his leg was healing. So he told the doctors to saw it the hell off and give him a bionic leg instead. They obliged, and Turbo rejoined his unit only nine months later. He still took part on active SEAL combat missions but soon started feeling bad that his new leg only gave him 95 percent ability (instead of his usual 800 percent).

And thus ended Turbo's career as a badass SEAL warrior. He is now a badass SEAL trainer, bringing a new element of embarrassment for the recruits by running circles around them with just one good leg.

Read more: 5 Soldiers Whose Horrific Injuries Only Made Them Angry | Cracked.com 5 Soldiers Whose Horrific Injuries Only Made Them Angry | Cracked.com

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Gurkha's are BAMFs. No doubt about it. A group of 5 would probably pick a fight with 20 US Navy SEALs because they were bored and had nothing to do.

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
That's some awesome stuff right there.
TippmannFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
No MOAB?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
if someone is screaming 'Jai Mahakali, Ayo Gorkhali!' and running at you - just turn and run away . . . and hope you are faster than them, or at least faster than the other foos around you
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat