mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
here in florida you have the right to kill anyone if they intrude into your home.
True, but what are the possibilities of losing everything you own in a civil lawsuit? (not a rhetorical question, I don't know)
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Not one of the cool kids

You get lag in the systems from the live feed to when it posts on your phone. Sometimes it's a half second or so, sometimes 10 plus seconds. Sometimes I can watch the traffic at the stop sign in front of my house, sometimes it kinda cuts in and out.
That said, I love the fact that I can check on any of my 8 cameras anywhere I can get cell service. Peace of mind.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofxkid2005 View Post
Say it's a worse case scenario and you end up killing the intruder... Could you not then be charged with first degree murder?
My system records everything on a DVR system...I'm actually hoping if worse comes to worse that the video will save my @$$ in court. To be honest, I wouldn't kill anyone unless I was crap in my pants scared to death and it was the only option left to protect me and my family.

Thanks for the opinions everyone.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
here in florida you have the right to kill anyone if they intrude into your home.
That's a little bit of an embellishment and incorrect. You have the right to defend yourself and others from being victims of a forcible felony and no duty to retreat from a place in which you have the right to be. It also isn't limited to the home. It applies to your home, perspnal conveyance (vehicle), place of business, and anywhere else you have the right to be.

You can't simply shoot someone for being in the wrong place. That would be murder. Now if you have someone walk into your home, tell them to leave, and they are noncompliant (now tresspassing) and keep advancing then that's a different story as they've established intent.

You really gotta be careful in how you word such things. Seriously, it can be the difference in a prison sentence and continuing with your life. It's not a "right to kill" it's a right to reasonably defend yourself.

Some necessary reading on the subject:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...EChapter%20790

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I have known people who are deployed to a war who sleep with less worry than this...

jebus man, where do you live that you want night-vision home defense?

MOVE!

or get a dog. a dog that when it barks bees come out of it's mouth.... bees that sting.
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hick View Post
True, but what are the possibilities of losing everything you own in a civil lawsuit? (not a rhetorical question, I don't know)
Very possible. Plenty of people have been cleared of criminal charges just to have their lives ruined after a civil trial.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Old 06-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hick View Post
How can the person sue you if they're six feet under because they were stupid enough to break in and you shot them?

If you're thinking "well what if you shoot to wound", never shoot to wound. Wounds mean lawsuits.

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Very possible. Plenty of people have been cleared of criminal charges just to have their lives ruined after a civil trial.
My thoughts exactly. Most known case would be OJ. (I'm by no means implying that I feel he was innocent of the charges)
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
You can't simply shoot someone for being in the wrong place. That would be murder. Now if you have someone walk into your home, tell them to leave, and they are noncompliant (now tresspassing) and keep advancing then that's a different story as they've established intent.
so.. what if your house also has an intercom and you use it to tell them to leavel? then you mount your camera shotgun to an rc car when they refuse?

what if you also mount a walkie talkie on that rc car so you can use it to tell them to leave?!

what if the rc car is shaped like jigsaw?!

this is starting to sound awesome...

you wanna play game?

heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
How can the person sue you if they're six feet under because they were stupid enough to break in and you shot them?

If you're thinking "well what if you shoot to wound", never shoot to wound. Wounds mean lawsuits.
The "victim" doesn't have to sue, their family or estate can take care of that. Just wait to see what happens in FL if GZ walks (which is highly likely).

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat