mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #21 (permalink)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340453077.213834.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  75.5 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340453119.467007.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  59.1 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340453171.076069.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  170.7 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340453326.031648.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  126.6 KB
I am also addicted. It doesn't help my addiction that the new river of WV is 40 min away.
Sleasys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Recently did some fishing while down here in Australia. Landed my first Tassie salmon from a dock and caught a few herring. So much easier to fish the ocean... I liked it a lot. Going to have to get some boys together here and charter a boat to try out deep sea fish here.
If you do that somewhere around Sydney, I think I would have to join you.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #23 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Nice fish guys, and good stories. Hopefully we can keep this thread rolling for a while, i am sure there are enogh fish stories out there to entertain us for a long time.

I am gearing up to do some eel fishing today, i have never caght one, only seen a couple small ones. They used to run the river near me (walking distance) but 60-70 years ago they were fished into oblivion here and they never got their population back up. I have only seen a couple small ones and rarely meet some one who isnt in thier 70's or 80's who has caugt one locally. A friend of mine knows where there is a lot of them, so hopefully we can catch some.

I have never done much trout fishing, the few times i did i never caught any. I have made some recent friends who grew up doing a lot of trout fishing, seccessfully too, so hopefully they can show me some spots, and tricks. I have mainly been a bass fisherman, and river fisherman. Recent, record flooding has actually pushed trout out of streams and into the rivers, so maybe i will get lucky and catch some this year. I have been talking to some old timers and trout fisherman for some tips and tricks and have been learning a lot, i just need to find where they are and i know i can catch some.
crazyorigin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sturgeon Fishing Trips in British Columbia | Chromer Fishing

Anyone ever do anything like that?

I want to, I wanna see those mighty prehistoric giants for my own eyes.

None of my friends or family want to do it with me because it cost's money and you cant keep what you catch, maybe next year I'll go. You pretty much need a guided outfit like this to fish for sturgeon here as they are an endangered species... Besides, I wouldent know the first thing about fishing for them either.
Pump_Action_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I wish I were fishing right now... I love it, never really get bored with it. I rarely catch anything buy, but I don't really care. It's just a good, relaxing time.

I missed out on some lake Michigan salmon fishing last weekend. It sucks having to be at work when you know your buds are out cruising the lake for fish.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I really really love fishing myself, i bought a couple lures for muskie and i caught my first muskie like 1 week ago from today in the Detroit River. It was the most epic fish i had ever caught it jumped out of the water about 1.5 feet with my lure in its mouth. It was only a tiny one though, about 25 inches and like 12 pounds but i like it.
Damiani16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post

I have never done much trout fishing, the few times i did i never caught any. I have made some recent friends who grew up doing a lot of trout fishing, seccessfully too, so hopefully they can show me some spots, and tricks. I have mainly been a bass fisherman, and river fisherman. Recent, record flooding has actually pushed trout out of streams and into the rivers, so maybe i will get lucky and catch some this year. I have been talking to some old timers and trout fisherman for some tips and tricks and have been learning a lot, i just need to find where they are and i know i can catch some.
I feel the best way to fish small streams and brooks is using a 4 weight fly rod and worms. Float your bait to the fish and enjoy!
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Here in NW Florida there are little ponds and rivers EVERYWHERE. I've spent a lot of time with a $20 fishing rod and a loaf of bread fishing small bass and bluegill. Simple fishing, but fun to catch and more fun to fry
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Crazy, I can't stand the salmon "fishing" at Pulaski. I might go again this year just to spend time with friends, but I never enjoy the actual "fishing". I am amazed however at the accuracy of some salmon run veterans. I witnessed a guide with a flyrod who had his clients on a small gravel island (they used a drift boat to get there). He picked out a fish from about 35 feet away up stream and made his cast and hooked onto the fish for the kid on the first try. But otherwise I don't have too much enthusiasm for bumping elbows with jerks or having groups of people surround fish, dipping for them like little kids fishing for bluegill. I also agree, smoked salmon is great but don't try to cook that salmon, it doesn't taste so hot.
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:37 AM   #30 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I ate a lot of that salmon, I thought it tasted great.

Had good luck eel fishing tonight. They are very odd fish, and they don't fight very hard, they don't seem to have much push on the water. They are quite smart and good at escaping, they can climb out of a bucket, you need a lid, and they will fight each other ravenously, and you while you try to take them off the hook, they are a pain in the butt.
crazyorigin is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat