mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #51 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxoliv View Post
This is an emergency room photo of a fisherman who lost control of his high-speed bass boat in West Virginia. Warden's believe that he was traveling at a speed of approximately 75 mph at the time of the accident. He was unable to negotiate a curve in the narrow waterway. Unfortunately for him, upon striking the shoreline and being ejected from the boat, he landed back end first on an old fence post. You can probably picture what happened next, but the picture really says it all. The good news is that after about 6 months, this man made a full recovery after suffering a shattered hip, broken leg, several broken ribs, internal injuries and soft tissue damage. Doctors credited his recovery to the fact that the post lodged itself so tightly that there was little or no blood loss. Now that's got to hurt!!!

DON'T DRIVE THAT FISHING BOAT TOO FAST!!!!!

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5115/boatacc.jpg
That's a bit much for the general section isn't it? At least keep the photo to a link
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #52 (permalink)
BELSALES ADDICT

sure, ta2. I delete now
Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #53 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
OMG! That is horrific! Ta2maki, you may want to edit your quote as it still has a picture link in it. I think the worst that would happen in my boat if I crashed it would be me flying over the console, it is not terribly fast, but its a fishing/party barge, not a speed boat. I have more of a need for relaxation than a need for speed.

Lets keep this thread for good, happy fishing stories, not ones where reckless people have large posts lodged in their bungs. I don't want to think of that guy when i fire up my boat to go out and have some fun. Thanks for sharing though.

All I could think about from that pic was how scary Vlad the Impaler must have been way back when.......
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #54 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxoliv View Post
sure, ta2. I delete now
You didn't have to delete it. A warning and a hidden picture would have been fine. There are people that view MCB at the workplace.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #55 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
You didn't have to delete it. A warning and a hidden picture would have been fine. There are people that view MCB at the workplace.
I would prefer it be deleted. I like my fishing discussions to be free from anal fence post lodging photographs....... thank you.

Anyone on here have peacock bass locally? They are a fish I have always wanted to catch and want to take a trip someday to do so. A friend and I are discussing making a trip to Florida for some giant large mouth bass fishing and peacock bass. I think peacock bass are one of the prettiest fish there is, plus they get huge, and have bass attitude, what's not to like?
Old 06-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I am most definetly happy I can fish. If I couldn't I would move to where I could.

Just nailed 4 bass on my lunch break at work. Not bad for about 12 minutes worth of fishing. Been trying new colors of Anise worms but the purples seem to dominate compared to other colors.
Where do you get these Anise worms you speak of? I am always wanting to try new things and right now Large mouths are hitting on Carolina rigged watermelon powerworms for me!
potts213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #57 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Original Anise Worm from Bass River Outdoors

They just came out with some new soft plastics too, I have some on order. I highly recommend any of the purple ones, I have been using the light purple fire tail worm with great success but all the purples seem to work here, the purple with white stripe is a great one too. Although, different areas and water coloration may require different colors, but so far purples are the best. I get them at a local sports shop, the guy there recommended the yellow with black stripe but so far I haven't had much success on ilthat color.

If you get some, remember to store them folded over as tight as possible, their folded in half state gives them their action in the water. I use the rearmost hook and hook it into the front tip of the worm, a little twist will also keep them a little tighter. You don't want a stretched out Anise, they loose a lot of their action. They fall very nicely, and the initial fall is where we have been getting most of our bites, fish them slow, but i don't leave them in one spot for too long. I will cast it out, twitch it 5-6 times then I usually retrieve it and cast it again. If the fish seem lazy, fish it lazier, and if they don't like one color, try another until you find the color they can't resist.

I ordered some glow in the dark Anise and i am excited to try them out, I bet they will be awesome in low light and night fishing.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #58 (permalink)

OK, well I will try and stop by cabelas and bass pro when I get off work tomorrow to see if they cary them! I am going to the lake all next week and it would be nice to try something differant. How do you rig them? I have never used anything with hooks and line in them already...

Last edited by potts213; 06-27-2012 at 12:11 AM.
potts213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #59 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I just run a snap swivel and clip them on and go. They will cast nicely on a spinning rod with light line, I run 10lb fluorocarbon and it will cast pretty far. On the site they recommend to run it like I do. The guy at my local shop that carries said to run them with a split shot but i don't think he knows what he is talking about (nice guy but i think he tries to give me tips because I am young, 28 is young I guess, he may not realize I have been fishing for over 25 years).

Just run them with a snap swivel to keep your line from twisting and have fun, I think they will have them at Cabelas or Bass Pro but you never know. They come with a fairly heavy line on the rigging, I bet its 15-20lb so you can run a fairly heavy line without worry.

They come in a very plain package, a small business card sized clear plastic bag with a card in it, they will be stapled to a bigger piece of cardboard overlapping like shingles. The smell of licorice will also clue you in to where they are Anise is actually a clover I think, I need to look this up and confirm it.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
whargarbl

I'm just getting back to fishing since I had shoulder surgery in September. I'm mostly going out to the beach to practice my underhand casting. Went on a boat a month ago in a small craft advisory & caught squat that day except some bunker (Pogy for you non-Jersey types) for bait for a future trip. Trying to plan a boat trip for next month but my buddies are poor & half of them transplanted to PA so gas sucks.
BlitzkriegUDF is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat