mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dremel Drill Professional

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Another Paintball Hating Movie...

Anyone watch "This Means War"? Apart from the fact that the movie was filled with grotesque, over-the-top sexual references leading to me turning it off, there was a paintball scene where a main character plays paintball without any eye protection, rapes little boys with a huge paint grenade, throws a player off a tower onto the ground, etc Does Hollywood love seeing paintball destroyed and mocked? How many kids not gonna be allowed to try the game now that their parents see that on TV?

Sorry if this thread has already happened.

nation feedback
mcb feedback

Havoc-paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Paintball hating?

Come on man, it was awesome. it was also shot at our local field, NSPB.
Have a sense of humor.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dremel Drill Professional

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
YEs it was awesome! And I recognized your feild. But for parents who have kids interested in trying the game, is it going to encourage them to try it or make parents scared? Why on EARTH did he not have a mask on??!??!?!!!?!!??!?? lol

nation feedback
mcb feedback

Havoc-paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

OMG HOLLYWOOD DOESN"T GET IT RIGHT. EVERYTHING I HAVE BEEN TAUGHT IS A LIE.

Really. Noone with a shred of a grasp on reality takes what they see in movies and on tv to be real. These over the top and over dramatized rants are laughable.

Now sit down and be quiet. I'm going to watch a documentary about a billionare who dresses up as a bat and fights crimes.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed

Last edited by Lohman446; 07-17-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc-paintballer View Post
YEs it was awesome! And I recognized your feild. But for parents who have kids interested in trying the game, is it going to encourage them to try it or make parents scared? Why on EARTH did he not have a mask on??!??!?!!!?!!??!?? lol
People have a sense of humor and most can register satire, besides most folks, if they or their child is interested in anything, they seen only going to glean what it's like from a movie, they'll do some real world research.

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Paintball isn't the only sport that they get wrong. You don't actually see this in hockey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqV_dBPc4XY&#t=69s

Click to skip ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WZ0uRJOatQ

Last edited by russc; 07-17-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
Hollywood having actors wear masks when playing paintball would be like having Maverick wear his O2 mask while flying. Movies are for entertainment and if your stupid enough to believe that they accurately portray anything or are true, there is a planet full of really tall smurfs waiting for you (general public not the O.P.).

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'm happy as long as they are wearing goggles. I agree that hollywood has to make changes in order to make the film easier for a wider audience to see. Thats reasonable.

Sometimes they do get it right though. I thought "Failure to Launch" was very accurate... for hollywood. Blackballed was very accurate, though clearly only a niche film.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm happy as long as they are wearing goggles. I agree that hollywood has to make changes in order to make the film easier for a wider audience to see. Thats reasonable.

Sometimes they do get it right though. I thought "Failure to Launch" was very accurate... for hollywood. Blackballed was very accurate, though clearly only a niche film.
Im pretty sure Black Balled was really a paintball movie first and comedy second.

Still, best ever is Court Jesters, wish I knew where my copy was.

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Court Jesters had the best representation of paintball, but the story was unfortunately a bit weak.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat