mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

I never get to race because there's no local class for me and my rigging but I enjoy messing around on the track with my Outlaw 450 when no one's looking. I never bother adjusting the suspension but I wouldent mind doing it just to see how fast I could get around the track with the suspension dropped down.
Pump_Action_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Love it! Ive got some great memories of my grandpa taking me to the dirt track at Flemington NJ when i was a little kid, coming he with my ears ringing, face covered in dirt.

Track and grandpa are both gone now, but those are still some of my longest last memories of him

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Been a dirt track race fan since I was 5-6 years old. Been going ever since, just not as often as I would like. I even crewed on one a little bit. There are 4 tracks within 45 minutes of me, so it is very widespread here. I am looking to maybe buy/build a vintage modified to run with a group based here in STL. Ego, if you are coming in for OSC, and can get here on Friday I'll take you to my favorite track, not far from the field.
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Just came across this page on FB, this is our old local track....now it's a Lowes, Walmart & Longhorn steakhouse.....very poor trade in my opinion.

https://www.facebook.com/flemingtons...toricalsociety

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I've got friends that race mini mod at the local dirt track basically 30's chopped top style bodies with 600CC motorcycle engines. Weigh next to nothing and are good to get up to 80-100mph and on a tight little track like we have here locally that's plenty fast for it to get hairy. My favorite part of the night though is they also race go karts in an adult class with no restrictors and there are spectator races where random people get picked out of the crowd given some instruction on how to drive the carts and then they have a little 20 lap thing for fun. Given my buddies run in it I always run the spectator race and have won quite a few times. The adult carts get up to about 60-70mph and with your a** only a few inches off the ground it's plenty crazy.

I've been hearing rumors though that this may be the last season so I try and hit up the races every weekend if I can now since I want to get in as much dirt track as I can before it'll be having to drive to Grand Bend or farther to watch em race and help pit crew for em.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Williams Grove Speedway

Lincoln Speedway

Williams Grove is about 45 minutes away and Lincoln is less than twenty. I used to be a pit kid when my Dad crewed for Jimmy Stumbaugh. I remember them sharing a garage in the alley behind the old man's place with Bobby Allen. I grew up going to sprint races. I also remember when Lincoln was bought by some born agains and they said no more alcohol. I was in my twenties then, and I had the Williams Grove T-shirt with the Grove logo no the front and "No Drinking, No Lincoln" on the back. This brings back a lot of memories. I haven't been to a race in ages. If I ever get off the weekend shift I'm going to have to go again.
Best time to take a dump is when on the phone with tech/ customer service.Also when they say something like "This call may be recorded. . . " I always tell them I hope so and proceed to enjoy my bowel movement.

My feedback

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
PATCHEZ is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat