mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #191 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
maybe the song IS how he'll kill slowly and painfully, you're military and you don't seem to like the song.

yeah, but if souljaboy didn't apologize, he'd be worse off. it's an already dug hole where it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. he still chose the "less bad route." i'd be interested in hearing psy's current answer on live tv too. depending on how he behaves it can redeem or ruin him for a lot of people.
Possibly, I've honestly never heard it other than a brief clip here or there with someone doing the dance. Someone linked me to the video pretty early and I made it maybe 10 seconds into it, if that.

It kind of reminded me of those Hanson kids but worse.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #192 (permalink)
Banned

speaking of the devil

Quote:
As a proud South Korean who was educated in the United States and lived there for a very significant part of my life, I understand the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world.

The song in question from eight years ago was part of a deeply emotional reaction to the war in Iraq and the killing of two Korean schoolgirls that was part of the overall antiwar sentiment shared by others around the world at that time. While Im grateful for the freedom to express ones self Ive learned there are limits to what language is appropriate and Im deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused anyone by those words.

I have been honored to perform in front of American soldiers in recent months including an appearance on the Jay Leno show specifically for them and I hope they and all Americans can accept my apology. While its important we express our opinions, I deeply regret the inflammatory and inappropriate language I used to do so. In my music I try to give people a release, a reason to smile. I have learned that though music, our universal language we can all come together as a culture of humanity and I hope that you will accept my apology.
it reads like a very "orchestrated" apology? for the lack of better words? can't put my finger on it.

it's a lot better than a lot other celebrity apologies where they put in an undertone that they think people shouldn't be mad in the first place though. you know, those "i don't think i did anything wrong but i'll admit i did if it makes you feel better" type...
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #193 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
speaking of the devil

it reads like a very "orchestrated" apology? for the lack of better words? can't put my finger on it.

it's a lot better than a lot other celebrity apologies where they put in an undertone that they think people shouldn't be mad in the first place though. you know, those "i don't think i did anything wrong but i'll admit i did if it makes you feel better" type...
Yep, they all generally have that "written by an overpaid speechwriter" air about them. Same goes for the one issued by the previously mentioned "souljaboy".

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #194 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
speaking of the devil

It reads , like oops,........well,........ I really didn't,.....crap,......... I hope this isn't going to hurt me making money.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #195 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
speaking of the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Yep, they all generally have that "written by an overpaid speechwriter" air about them. Same goes for the one issued by the previously mentioned "souljaboy".
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillage View Post
It reads , like oops,........well,........ I really didn't,.....crap,......... I hope this isn't going to hurt me making money.
Crazy celebs keep PR people like my buddy rolling in cash. So the next time you see a celeb **** up, just remember theyre helping the economy by keeping someone working to cover up their ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #196 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
personally I don't know why people put so much stock in the opinions of entertainers
that said, his apology has come off as a lot less petulant than many of the 'apologies' of other similar situationed entertainers

besides, people are entitled to have opinions and be *ssholes . . . and sometimes the kerfluffle caused by such can be pretty entertaining.
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #197 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Not to make undue light of the situation but... anyone else hoping the horsey becomes "the forbidden dance" because of this?
Feedback
matteekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #198 (permalink)
So THAT'S what that is..

Send a message via AIM to Tots Send a message via MSN to Tots Send a message via Yahoo to Tots Send a message via Skype™ to Tots

yes. yes I approve this.
Tots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #199 (permalink)
Banned

are we still allowed to scream dramatically at the sight of sexy lady butts?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #200 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
are we still allowed to scream dramatically at the sight of sexy lady butts?
No, but you are allowed to think about them while having quality alone time. If you screamed dramatically, in a Richard Simmons kind of way at the sight of sexy lady butts, you probably wouldn't actually be interested in the ladies.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited by pillage; 12-09-2012 at 01:48 AM.
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat