mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I Hate eBay

Long story short bought a Spyder Freak back with an insert back on the 1st. I messaged the seller last Thursday asking where it was because he supposedly 'shipped' on the 4th from NC (even though his profile lists him being from VA ). He never messages me back, so I message him again on Saturday requesting tracking info since none was ever provided or else I would escalate it to a PayPal claim on the 16th (the end of the shipping window provided by eBay). This gets him to respond back saying he will look for tracking info and post it, I'm happy. I awake this morning to find the douche bag cancelled the transaction with a note saying 'I ran out of stock. Sorry.' Only plus was that the douche nozzle refunded me in full. Just pissed that I now have to search for this item and have to delay some buys here on MCB thanks to this tard monkey. His screen name over on eBay is logmonkey, I would avoid this guy like the plague.
/rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
I hate ebay as well.
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Send a message via AIM to Hobbes

I like eBay, but just recently I sold a laptop to a guy with good feedback. He said he sent the payment with his phone but that never showed. Then he actually sent a payment but it was an echeck. 2-3 days later it was rejected, and that was the last I heard from him. Pretty clear he was hoping I would send the laptop after seeing the echeck.

I've had a couple issues with broken items that I've purchased, but eBay handled those pretty well and I was refunded after the tracking number confirmed delivery.
Hobbes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sounds like a pretty typical ebay experience. Sometimes I get that from the mega-sellers who can't make the effort to do inventory control, as well as from the small sellers who are clueless at times.

Most likely, someone local offered him more money... after the auction ended. A practice not allowed on ebay, but very common (even from users here who are very adept at "backdoor action").

Technically, ebay sales are strictly forbidden unless the seller specifically has the item "in hand". This makes all drop-ship sales illegal, but it goes largely unenforced.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ridiculous MCB Member

Everything happens for a reason I understand your pain pm sent.

New S6.5 model In stock Get yours now.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...t-blocker.html
storminnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Yea, I have buying on/off on eBay for a long time and this was the 1st time i had to deal with this crap. Frustrating waiting on an item that never shows, I knew something was up when no tracking # was listed. The kid was no mega dealer either, just a regular paintballer, hell his profile pic is him with his team. He lost any business from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah... ebay...
Attached Images

Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Send a message via AIM to delta paintball

I actually just sold something on ebay and immediately sent the buyer an invoice. Never pays, so I sent him a message kindly asking him to pay so I can ship the item out. He responds with:

Dear XXXXXXX,

im not going to buy sorry.

- XXXXXX

I have to wait 4 days to file a claim against this ******* now. Anyone else have this happen to them, and if so, what happened?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Simple mind - beware

I've only ever had great results with Ebay. I don't know, maybe I have a horse shoe up my arse or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
9 times out of 10, it's an electric razor. But sometimes...

it's a dildo.
Me Feedback
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
Technically, ebay sales are strictly forbidden unless the seller specifically has the item "in hand". This makes all drop-ship sales illegal, but it goes largely unenforced.
^^^. This.... report the guy. Contrary to popular belief, Ebay has actually gotten pretty hard on sellers who break the rules.

I have no idea why so many people have problems. Maybe it's just the perception as people only seem to post hate threads and not many love threads. Seems like a lot higher percentage of forum deals are problematic than ebay ones.

Delta,

He didn't pay. He isn't going to pay. Report him when the time is up and relist your item.
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat