mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #61 (permalink)
Featuring Death

CCM Fan
I made it in the local newspaper for lacrosse (at least twice), I played on TV where the anoucer killed my last name, my highschool was ranked #1 in Canada and #100ish in North America. My life is pretty much lacrosse.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #62 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I thought some more and actually came up with something "valid" compared to before. :P

Back when MXS was still in business my team Scenario team appeared in photo format in an issue about one of their games. My rear end is prominently featured. I also used to write for MXS so hundred of players have used player cards written by my or played as characters in scenarios written by me. I also used to work for a company that set up and tore down arena events in P'Cola so I met a lot of wrestlers and singers. So met a few of them when I lived down there like the 4 Horsemen, Page & Plant and so on and so forth.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #63 (permalink)
Pro Gun Liberal

Send a message via AIM to BlueFish

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrtal View Post
I thought some more and actually came up with something "valid" compared to before. :P

Back when MXS was still in business my team Scenario team appeared in photo format in an issue about one of their games. My rear end is prominently featured. I also used to write for MXS so hundred of players have used player cards written by my or played as characters in scenarios written by me. I also used to work for a company that set up and tore down arena events in P'Cola so I met a lot of wrestlers and singers. So met a few of them when I lived down there like the 4 Horsemen, Page & Plant and so on and so forth.
I write for Viper's games. (don't have much time anymore, but I wrote cards for the last three games of this season)
BlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #64 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
When I was 14, my house (and most of the neighborhood) burned down. My pet rat not only survived, but made the newspaper headlines... "Pet Rat Survives House Fire" or something like that.

I used to have a regular client who was formerly a quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #65 (permalink)
ye olde bastid

Nothing along the lines of being famous, but memorable (for me) ...

-When I was 6 (or 7) I made the Boston Globe. Pic of me shaking hands with Santa Claus.

-My Dad had ins in the music world when I was a kid (all jazz) and he would bring me to tons of local concerts where I got to meet and hang out with musicians. Don't remember all of them, but I met Count Basie and Duke Ellington, which is way before your time for most of you.

-When I was in college (1982?) I was the "Slave to Fashion" model for an Eastpak backpack print campaign.

-Hung out backstage with The Cult when they played Boston in the early 90's.

-I designed basketball sneakers for elite NBA players in the 90's - Larry Bird (BOS), Magic Johnson (LAL), Kevin Johnson (PHX), Larry Johnson/Grandmama (CHA), etc.

TheFeedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
TheYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #66 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Oh! I smoked weed with Power Glove and Conducting from the Grave one time!

Can't believe I forgot that one!
"Conformities are called for much more eagerly today than yesterday... skeptics, liberals, individuals with a taste for private life and their own inner standards of behavior, are objects of fear and derision and targets of persecution for either side... in the great ideological wars of our time."- Isaiah Berlin

"Freedom is not something that can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be."- James Baldwin

Last edited by Ramous; 11-10-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Ramous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #67 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFish View Post
I used to work for Jeff Daniels (Dumb and Dumber, The Newsroom)

I've run lights for a couple local bands (Nightside Eclipse, Three Men and a Tenor) I was actually invited to come BACK to the bars we played at, even though I was only 16 at the time.

I used to write editorials for Paintball 2 Xtremes and Scenario News.

I've done a couple local radio commercials when I lived in Michigan.

My girlfriend had a conversation with Bruce Campbell about the baby she was holding for a friend.
I was once published in Paintball 2 extreme. I can't remember the brothers name that owned it before, but it was their last issue before they were forced out (Let's not start a debate here please)
I even had an article written about me when I was over in Desert Storm. Can't remember what magazine it was. One of the paintball mags back in the day.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #68 (permalink)
Man With No Pants

Send a message via Yahoo to butters89

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
My brother and I got to meet and take pictures with John Glenn and all the other astronauts after his last trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
I was lucky to get it up with my boy's help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgery View Post
Pump ninja in a kilt.

Feedback
butters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #69 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
I met Steve Mcqueen at the filming of Bullitt at SFO.

I almost was a walk thru in the airport scene but I got busted.

I passed on meeting John Kennedy standing outside our gym. It was lunch time and I was hungry.

The biggest event was meeting Greg Hastings.lol
You forgot making the best paintball guns ever made!

I served in the Navy with Greg, meeting him just does not seem like that big of a deal to me. If anything it was an honor for him to meet you. I had dinner with him a few weeks ago and we were talking about the work you are doing.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #70 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
I played on a Paintball Team that holds the record for the most amount of money ever won in a tournament.

I was a spotlight segment for KHOU (Houstons News) for being the 'professor that played paintball'.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat