mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

And the nightmare ends.

As most of you know, for the past three years my family has been in the middle of what, as it turns out, is the biggest IRS scam in history. On Christmas Eve of 2009, my family was served with papers that we owed almost a half million dollars. They put a lean on out house and told us to sell it because they wanted their money, but couldnt sell due to the lean. They ruined our credit score and told us to get a loan, which we couldnt with the demolished credit rating. They were poised to remove us from our home at any time they wished for the last two years of it. They emptied all our accounts, any accounts that had my mothers name on it, including my sisters and my own college funds, my grandmothers, and the bonds she had for us. They owned us lock stock and barrel.

Fighting the IRS, and indeed fighting with them to jail the people who orchestrated this fraud, has taken everything my family had in us, emotionally, monetarily, and mentally. My father had a heart attack, my grandmother was forced to move to live by some new friends of hers who are in no way wholesome.

We stood on the bench and told our story how we had become part of this fiasco in 2007, with a seemingly legitimate tax law that netted us in the area of 200 thousand dollars. This kept my family afloat through two years of near complete unemployment and schooling for myself and my sister as the economy tanked, it was a desperate situation to try and continue to own our farm and weather the bad years and hope things got better.

After we put the woman and man behind it in jail, one of the punishments for them being they must pay the IRS a sum of money that was exactly that of our debt, we thought it was over. Three months later in 2012, they came and stabbed us in the back again and it all started over, but this time without the problem folk. My family went to court against the IRS and after months of deliberation, it has finally ended.

Today, we received a call from the federal judge, saying that we were no longer being audited by the IRS and that what was being done was 'wrong and disgusting.' We must file papers, but once we sign our names on the court papers its all over, the credit and leans are removed and restored. Its over, almost three years to the day, but its over.

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

I am very glad to hear that, dude! Very glad!

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
YAY!

Congrats, man. Hard to watch a friend go through hell like that.

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Damn, finally... I'm glad to hear it's over, hope things come back together smoothly and quickly. And I hope it's a good Christmas for your family as well!
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Wow, thats a story. I hope you are being reimbursed in some way as well. That much strain/stress is worth something (let alone the time wasted fighting these dipshi.../court fees etc).

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_772 View Post
Wow, thats a story. I hope you are being reimbursed in some way as well. That much strain/stress is worth something (let alone the time wasted fighting these dipshi.../court fees etc).
We dont want reimbursement, never been the kind of people that though that way. Only reason we ever had worried about money was this whole thing and it damn near tore us apart once the situation unraveled. Trust me, after this long under the heel of the IRS, just being free is repayment enough.

And thanks everyone, really.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

Congrats, glad to hear everything worked out.

ZDF42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

is it too soon or can you share how the scammers "got" you so that others don't have to fall for it?

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
is it too soon or can you share how the scammers "got" you so that others don't have to fall for it?
Now THAT little tidbit I was never privy to entirely. Bottom line, even if you were in a position like we were, dont take folks up on offers that claim they know things the IRS dont.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
WOW! I'm glad things worked out but holy hell I'd be murdering people if I was you.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat