mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni
 
Magoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, Tejas

I think the biggest difference here is an unnecessary focus on aesthetics. They may be all hand made and stuff, but I simply cannot find purpose in them. Thus, I cannot understand their value to people. Fashion is by definition pandering to the public. High fashion is elitism...
__________________
Wouldn't you really rather have a Buick?


Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

I just don't see that as possible. If they paid that for a shirt it instantly marks them as stupid. I don't see how both things can exist in the same space. An intelligent person who also paid 1600 for a shirt. If I pay that for a shirt it better be fireproof, waterproof, chemical proof, rip proof, and allow me to fly.
__________________
If you want to talk email me.
Wagz86@gmail.com
PS3 network: Keebler1337
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
An intelligent person who also paid 1600 for a shirt. If I pay that for a shirt it better be fireproof, waterproof, chemical proof, rip proof, and allow me to fly.
I think you're asking a bit much there for $1600 dollars. A good watch costs more than that and all it does it tell time and look nice
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
What sheeple?

There's an unfortunate reality that people who can afford these goods are well educated and intelligent. In fact, I've never met anyone who has more money than me who is dumber than me.
Doesn't mean they aren't out there.
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth
weekendballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned
 
alpha434's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008

The purpose is specifically looking attractive or interesting.

I find the girl in the shirt both interesting and attractive. I would find any girl in that outfit interesting and attractive. Think of it like this.... It's a ticket for free high priced meals and drinks.

Keebler might understand better if it was a ripped firefighter in a torn 1600 dollar shirt and designer distressed jeans. He might still wish the shirt was water and fireproof. .. But he wouldn't want it to be tear resistant.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

I think that's just as silly. Does it tell better time than the clock on my cell phone?

Lol I find it upsetting that you assume I'm into ripped guys lol. But while I see your point I think it still has falls short of justifieing that particular price. I think your reasoning makes sense. That might buy you an overpriced outfit but not a massively absurdly overpriced outfit
__________________
If you want to talk email me.
Wagz86@gmail.com
PS3 network: Keebler1337
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
alpha434's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008

This thread makes me think of the rules in our ebay section.

Price doesn't make it that notable. If you don't like the price, don't buy it.

:screwy:
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

And I agree with that. However I'm simply making an observation as to the kinda person who WOULD pay that. In my opinion, I feel it's clear that anyone who pays that for an outfit that has no special reason for its pricing, is an idiot
__________________
If you want to talk email me.
Wagz86@gmail.com
PS3 network: Keebler1337
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
random probability waves
 
Bored383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sandy Eggo by way of Mobtown

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
I would find any girl in that outfit interesting and attractive.





and though she has way more money than me, I am smart enough to know that fire can in fact melt steel while she doesn't
__________________
Quote:
DSA: You know you were a kept kid if you jacked off to Frazetta barbarian babes!
There I was sword in hand!
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay
I agree with Don.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007

^ LOL
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC