mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

Here's another version of the story from the Daily Mail with some additional facts:

Keith Ratliff: Popular online guns and explosives expert found shot to death on rural Georgia road | Mail Online
Quote:
An operator of a highly popular YouTube channel dedicated to high-powered guns and explosives was found mysteriously shot to death, authorities said.

Keith Ratliff, who was a business partner at FPSRussia, YouTube's ninth most popular channel with more than three million active subscribers and a combined half billion views, was discovered on a rural road in Carnesville, Georgia.

Ratliff had a single gunshot wound the head and police are treating his death as a homicide.

When authorities made the grisly discovery on Thursday, they noticed there were several guns near Ratliff
, according to a local radio station report.

'For him not to pull out that gun and try to defend himself, he had to feel comfortable around somebody. Either that or he was ambushed,' said Ratliff's heartbroken widow, Amanda.
'You know, it just doesn't really add up,' she told a television station.

'We all want to know and we all want justice to be done,' Amanda says. 'He had way to much to look forward to in his life.'

Amanda said their two-year-old son is having a terrible time adjusting to life without his father.

'It was really hard. To know that he's going to go the rest of his life without his dad,' Amanda said, as their child, Jayden, clutched a picture of his dad that was taken on Christmas Eve.

Besides running the YouTube channel, Ratliff was also the owner of FPS Industries, which works in customized weaponry.

It is located in Carnesville, which is about a 90 minute drive from Atlanta.
My initial assumption is that he had been killed as part of a robbery for his firearms.
This appears not to have been the case.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
Tied to a chair with a bullet through his spinal cord?
Don't judge him.... too late..
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

The details of this case released so far are bizarre.

I hope that the investigators can get to the bottom of it and find the killer/s.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Hey was this the guy in the Black Ops 2 commercial with the two small flying drones?
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
ArchAngels

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Hey was this the guy in the Black Ops 2 commercial with the two small flying drones?
NO, he was the guy behind the camera.
Fatalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I am chagrined that people cannot simply post their condolences, without opining regarding their views on guns and politics.

2 infractions so far, and I will indulge anyone else that cannot resist temptation.

This (appears) to be a horrible act of violence, and all of our thoughs ought to be with the family and friends of the victim; not grabbing a soapbox either actively or passive aggresively for one side or another. It's frankly disgusting.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
I read about this yesterday and it's so bizarre. I won't say that Carnesville is around the corner but it's only about 60 miles from here. It's such a sad state of affairs and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this time.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #18 (permalink)

When I read the thread title I though for sure it had something to do with being somewhat reckless in regards to safety such as towards the end of this video:

DRD Paratus-18 (Suit Case Gun) - YouTube
bigcanada00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

damn, that straight up sucks.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

it was a robbery

Keith was alone at the warehouse where they store and prepare the firearms for the shoots. Keith was the "weapons expert" for the show, and his job was arrange the firearms used in the videos, inspect and clean them, and prepare them for the videos.

The comments I'm reading on the internet in regards to his death are just beyond sickening. He was alone, doing his job, and he was robbed and murdered. From talking to Kitty (yes, the same Kitty that used to work for TechPB many years ago now works for FPSRussia), there is a lot that the police AREN'T saying. There are tons of details about his murder that are not released to the public right now.

Think about this - when someone breaks into an armory, or a SWAT team van, how vague are the reports that come out? Do you get a detailed list of weaponry that was stolen? Do you get exact model numbers with full descriptions, of the firearms that were stolen? If someone breaks into a place that is stocked to the roof with Class 3 Automatic Weapons and steals a bunch of them, what does the report coming from the police say?

"We have an incident that we are investigating... that's all we can say at this time..."

I met Keith when the FPSRussia show came to Tampa about a year ago. He was a very polite, VERY knowledgeable person. We all had lunch and I sat right beside him. He was one of those guys who you'd love to have a beer with while shooting pool. Loved the outdoors, loved hunting, loved firearms and he was one of those "Southerners" who you could shoot the **** with all day long.

This person was alone at work doing his job, when he was taken hostage, robbed and murdered. ANYTHING else you read, is pure nonsense.
TechPB-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat