mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

That I understand. But there are many fart canners that think they are gods gift to the world. Its in all the car scenes/groups. The fact that there are so many out there just means there are more dbags than the people that actually do things for the performance
Dysturbed87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Lol, I agree on harley gainman. I like Jeep though for some unknown reason. I want to pick up an old beat comanche and fix it up for a daily driver. I suppose its the straight six I love. They also have one of the nicest communities around. Though there are elitests in every crowd though I suppose. Subaru also has a great community, but NASIOC would never have you guess it :\

Also, matrix your ford focus is not as loud as what I consider obnoxious. Everyone has an opinion.

Dysturbed:
Stickers: +10hp
Vinyl: +20
CAI: +40
nawsss: +100

Anything real, meh you can't see it and it costs moneys so I don't want it... :dodgy:

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
see, i like harleys and i like jeeps. i just dont like the harley scene and the jeep scene. "its a jeep thing". seriously? you idiots only bought that jeep so you can part of some cool crowd and shove it in everyones faces. you dont think there is a crowd for every single other type of car out there? that when i drive my 82 nova hatchback and I see another 80s nova hatch back driving around i dont wave at it and feel a connection? im not gonna talk about harleys because its a really sore spot for me.

and to be clear, i have owned various harleys for the last 12 years. i hate the owners and i hate the mindset.

yes i like jeeps. yes i like certain mustangs. im meh about harleys. its the owners that seem to lose their minds when they get one

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Ahh, I have run into it but its like PBN, you can enjoy your time.. Ignoring it does get old though. I don't mind the "jeep wave" but its stupid to get mad when I don't do it back..
It's funny how you go on there and they think no one else does it. I know subaru guys do it and I have heard of a couple others doing it.

Seems like we're in agreement more than not.

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #25 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRevolution View Post
Disturbing the peace. Sometime I just want to drive next to them holding down the horn and see how they like it.
Then don't live next to the highway...I guess shotguns, jackhammers, and subwoofers are disturbing the peace as well
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Then don't live next to the highway...I guess shotguns, jackhammers, and subwoofers are disturbing the peace as well
Who said anything about highways? I'm referring to city streets, I would prefer not to be driving next to jackasses on motorcycles with open pipes.

Shotguns and jackhammers are completely irrelevant, noise is necessary to their operation. Loud exhaust on street cars serve no practical purpose, neither do loud sound systems, hence why most citys have ordnances against them, only wish the enforcement was stricter.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post
Departing from the angriness about sounds and whatnot. sounds like the engine is slightly off balance/mistimed. It's only very slight, but it was something I noticed

Sounds like it's running straight pipes, no crossover, to me. My wagon with straight pipes sounds just like that. Without a crossover (IE: x-pipe, h-pipe) the exhaust pulses don't equalize and you get that slight sputter.

Automotive engineers are faced with three criteria - Noise, Vibration, Harshness. Cars don't sound like 60's muscle cars anymore because Gen-Xers and baby-boomers want something that's quiet, smooth, and reliable, not a small coupe with a large motor that runs a low 13. There a small section of the general public that would prefer the latter, but they're not usually the ones buying new cars.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #28 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Nobody wants to soupe up, or cut into, a $25000 car they just bought. It's a lot easier to mod a car from the 60's that you bought for $3k on craigslist.

Moving_target, we were actually messing around with the timing a little bit yesterday. We adjusted it slightly after this video was shot.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Nobody wants to soupe up, or cut into, a $25000 car they just bought. It's a lot easier to mod a car from the 60's that you bought for $3k on craigslist.

Moving_target, we were actually messing around with the timing a little bit yesterday. We adjusted it slightly after this video was shot.
My boss just bought a '10 Corvette - he's already got headers, exhaust, CAI, tuning, suspension mods, better tires/rims, had some track time, and he's contemplating a supercharger. And he paid 50k for it.

Still doesn't sound like that Mustang, though.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
There are many people that will buy a new car and begin modding it, regardless of price. The biggest thing people that do that worry about is what will void the warranty and what it will cost to have the dealer do it to not void the warranty
Dysturbed87 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat