mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
This proposed law is asinine. This is going to hurt high school and collegiate paintball teams big time. The programs will be killed because they won't be allowed to have markers on campus. Granted games are not held on school grounds but for plenty of high schoolers that drive it is far easier to have your gear in your vehicle then drive to practice. College, most players/students live in dorms or other campus housing because they are no longer living at home. This law was not well thought out and WILL have far reaching consequences similar to the California air soft law that was proposed a couple of years ago.
I'm guessing that's where the prior written permission thing comes in.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
school teams? is paintball really that big over there? i'd imagine the affected program has to be sizable for their issue to be even considered.

coincidentally archery is completely unaffected, if i'm reading this right.
I pulled this list straight from the NCPA site

Massachusetts (6)
Boston University Terriers
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Northeastern University Huskies
Paintball Team From Bridgewater State College
Stonehill College Shovelheads
University of Massachusetts Minutemen
So, 6 colleges with competing clubs is a significant number.
As far as written permission, we will see how many Deans will sign off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
For those that wish to contact MA politicians, other than their local state reps, you may do so through the following links:

Governor/Lt. Governor:
Contact the Governor's Office

Senate majority and minority leadership (click on their profiles for contact info)
Members of the Senate

House of Representatives majority and minority leadership (click on profiles for contact info):
Members of the House of Representatives

Thanks guys.

My MCB feedback
LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
As far as the inquiries people have made here about storage under lock and key in their car, etc....there currently is no such provision in the bill.

As for disassembling it...I suspect you would still be SOL....maybe if you had the thing disassembled down to every last screw and o-ring, but I doubt it. Bit of a grey area, and I wouldn't want to be the first guy to try establishing a precendent in court. There's no provision for it, and in other parts of the bill, weapons that "will, are designed to, or can readily be converted to fire" a shot would still qualify as guns. I'm certain this was to eliminate the "I removed the firing pin, thus it won't shoot, thus it's not technically a gun" defense. Since paintball guns have finally been lumped into at least one area of MA firearms law (if this passes), I imagine it's a coin-toss at best.

My MCB feedback

Last edited by LUKE; 01-21-2013 at 08:23 AM.
LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Simple solution, just have a rifled bore on anything, they state "Smoothbore". Rifling FTW, thats what they get for trying to sound smart.
crazyorigin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
Simple solution, just have a rifled bore on anything, they state "Smoothbore". Rifling FTW, thats what they get for trying to sound smart.
but the keyword is "or."

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
I pulled this list straight from the NCPA site

Massachusetts (6)
Boston University Terriers
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Northeastern University Huskies
Paintball Team From Bridgewater State College
Stonehill College Shovelheads
University of Massachusetts Minutemen
So, 6 colleges with competing clubs is a significant number.
As far as written permission, we will see how many Deans will sign off.

There's even more than that, I know Springfield College has a club, and a few other Western MA colleges.
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Thats what you get for living in Mass.

Fight it.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

best of luck fighting it

the honest truth about political and legislative methods to "control guns" is in my opinion just a lameduck attempt to ease the public conscience and put blame on things rather than people.

If their legislation aimed at proper education, responsibility, and culpability in actual criminal use - fine - good - sure

Problem is - people want to blame THINGS not people. I hazard that if you were to look at statistics for death or injury related to alcohol, drugs, prescription drug abuse - you would find far more mayhem.

I practice gun control - I store them properly, I use them properly, I hit what I aim at, I realize that having a gun does not mean its always best to use it - I will only use it when I deem absolutely necessary in conflict or when its safe in practice and entertainment (yup entertainment)

I have fun excercising my rights as a law abiding citizen. I see no reason why we should allow the continuation of oppressing my rights as I understand them.

anyhow - /rant off

/salute

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat