mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I want to run a hose to my buttocks and run my marker off methane.

TF
I don't see why not, certainly an interesting project.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
They just didn't work all the time, and they weren't refined at all.

For the price,

You could have a shotgun weight pump handle, heavy pot metal gun with the novelty of propane, that never worked that well in the C3

Or a sniper, with a lightweight pump stroke, lighter parts, better performance, and all around betterness
C3 was not a failure, it was just not designed for the US.
You can't compare a $200 gun that shoots propane with your CCM/Sniper.
The C3 was great in that it allowed your to play paintball when CO2/HPA is not available.

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
I would say that the C3 was a great idea, but the implementation was poor. Mine has horrible reliability problems. The igniter always seems to go.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
The C3 was great in that it allowed your to play paintball when CO2/HPA is not available.
Co2/HPA has long been a big reason that keeps paintball from becoming mainstream in the way that many other sports have become.

Sure, you can buy equipment at your local walmart, but you can't simply go and play in your backyard since you won't have any tanks filled. You are limited to going to commercial fields, on days they are open. There is a huge turnover rates with fields, and large areas with no commercial fields at all. Plus, they usually do not "play nice" with the big box stores.

And "tank swap" program was seen as a failure, but not as large as shipping Stingrays with 12gram changers. The industry STILL remembers that as one of the worst idea in the entire history of paintball. Since using 12grams with a blowback will result in a gun being returned as broken.

So there was a really big push to find alternatives. You had the EVolt, and the c5. Neither needed co2/hpa. But neither were as good as guns that used co2/hpa. So you had a very limited niche market.... and thats where the companies seemed to fail.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Not in the picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
I can't see any of my local fields permitting this
I'm genuinely wondering why not? I can say from personal experience that anyone using the word 'explosive' in their description is being alarmist, whether intentionally or not. Also, for comparison, typical propane lanterns or camp stoves commonly found in scenario staging areas would be a bigger fire hazard.
www.knightstalkerspaintball.com
www.oxcc.com
Yellow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ran out of characters.

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow5 View Post
I'm genuinely wondering why not? I can say from personal experience that anyone using the word 'explosive' in their description is being alarmist, whether intentionally or not. Also, for comparison, typical propane lanterns or camp stoves commonly found in scenario staging areas would be a bigger fire hazard.
I think he was talking about a scattergun kind of thing. AKA more than one ball to a trigger pull.
How to get around UPS fees
mtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
Co2/HPA has long been a big reason that keeps paintball from becoming mainstream in the way that many other sports have become.

Sure, you can buy equipment at your local walmart, but you can't simply go and play in your backyard since you won't have any tanks filled. You are limited to going to commercial fields, on days they are open. There is a huge turnover rates with fields, and large areas with no commercial fields at all. Plus, they usually do not "play nice" with the big box stores.

And "tank swap" program was seen as a failure, but not as large as shipping Stingrays with 12gram changers. The industry STILL remembers that as one of the worst idea in the entire history of paintball. Since using 12grams with a blowback will result in a gun being returned as broken.

So there was a really big push to find alternatives. You had the EVolt, and the c5. Neither needed co2/hpa. But neither were as good as guns that used co2/hpa. So you had a very limited niche market.... and thats where the companies seemed to fail.
I think the English had a system a while back that allowed you to pre-charge a few cylinders with a bicycle-type pump and put them on the gun, but the shot count was very limited. Tom Kaye's "Shoebox Compressor" hasn't made its way into too many hands either..........
Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
I don't see why not, certainly an interesting project.
Working on the prototype now.

Let me just say - the the Air Source Adapter... whew - if you machine that outside of tolerances - you can experience some.... discomfort.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
We had one for a short bit and sent the company our input and feedback on performance flaws and suggestions to fix them. We never heard back from him.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Yes, I own a splatmaster

Quote:

TF
Sigged if you dont mind
I see a walrus. He has a toothpick. Hes picking his tooth and eating a Popsicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylost View Post
You got that wrong it's: Less Paint, More Balls
splatmaster12 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat