mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
What the hell, am I the only one that asks a seller how much to add when shipping up here north of the border? I see so many complaints lately about shipping to Canada. It costs more; ok Fine tack it on. It takes extra time out of your day; ok fair enough add some more money. If that all is to much for the buyer then too bad for you. I have had to pass on so many part sales because it will cost 3-4 the value of the part. Its part of the price of living here.

MCB Feedback
Malafanango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
AMERIcAN SHIPs Package: GOes in truck, or plane - goes to Canadian Border SO far so good... and inexpensive....

Then it gets to our border, and these guys inspect it:

Then it's off with a postman! Not rain nor snow nor sleet or hail!

Sometimes they get got by:

that raises the price!

And finally the package arrives!

it makes for an expensive process folks!
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malafanango View Post
What the hell, am I the only one that asks a seller how much to add when shipping up here north of the border? I see so many complaints lately about shipping to Canada. It costs more; ok Fine tack it on. It takes extra time out of your day; ok fair enough add some more money. If that all is to much for the buyer then too bad for you. I have had to pass on so many part sales because it will cost 3-4 the value of the part. Its part of the price of living here.
Definitely NOT. There are tons of reasonable literate considerate Canadians that are great to do business with. I should have posted a thread expressing my gratitude for the example you all are to the small minority that annoyed me enough to post a whiny thread about the minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
AMERIcAN SHIPs Package: GOes in truck, or plane - goes to Canadian Border SO far so good... and inexpensive....

Then it gets to our border, and these guys inspect it:

Then it's off with a postman! Not rain nor snow nor sleet or hail!

Sometimes they get got by:

that raises the price!

And finally the package arrives!

it makes for an expensive process folks!
Awesome post made me laugh. Thanks man.

In case anyone is wondering it was not one or two lowballs and lame offers but a series of several that got me to the point of openly venting my frustration. So nice to see that so many of you share my frustrations.

To the many Canadians who are so very right and others who posted wonderful solutions to the cross border shipping dilemma. And to the others who so correctly state there is not need to get your knickers in a twist over a low ball offer. You are all so right. Please accept my apologies. I will try to be more like Titus, find a friend who lives near Tacoma and works in Canada, and will petition my government and yours to encourage trade by reducing duties taxes fees etc. for us all.
matteusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
Official DSG Fanboy

I have a great idea, everybody shut the hell up about shipping. I have seen so many threads it is getting annoying. When you post an item for x plus shipping what the hell is the problem. If it is 30.00 then you have the option of buying it or saying no, why whine about it. I just bought some parts from a member, someone I have dealt with several times. I asked for a quote for the parts and shipping to my address. He gave me a total, I paid it, the parts shipped, end of story. Pay the shipping or don't if it is too much for you but quit whining.

End Rant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
"So there I was, sitting at the keyboard one handed, and I said to myself, 'that really looks like you're wife'..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Thing's lucky it scampered off because I would have skulled it to death if I'd managed to get my hands on it.
Moosepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteusz View Post
Definitely NOT. There are tons of reasonable literate considerate Canadians that are great to do business with. I should have posted a thread expressing my gratitude for the example you all are to the small minority that annoyed me enough to post a whiny thread about the minority.

Awesome post made me laugh. Thanks man.

In case anyone is wondering it was not one or two lowballs and lame offers but a series of several that got me to the point of openly venting my frustration. So nice to see that so many of you share my frustrations.

To the many Canadians who are so very right and others who posted wonderful solutions to the cross border shipping dilemma. And to the others who so correctly state there is not need to get your knickers in a twist over a low ball offer. You are all so right. Please accept my apologies. I will try to be more like Titus, find a friend who lives near Tacoma and works in Canada, and will petition my government and yours to encourage trade by reducing duties taxes fees etc. for us all.
Good on you for being able to even if as I stated you came off like an hole be able to know that you have a community like this that will not only give you feedback but can offer suggestions. I think you're spot on in this post and at least with now seeing your reasoning your venting seems a little more justified imo. I guess I'm just sick of the American members (a small minority) getting one what they consider lowball from a Canadian and going off on all of us Canucks about it. With people like Titus on here and hey we're all adults I'm sure even if Titus weren't here we could work out deals that would be fine to both parties there seems little reason to say screw it I won't ship to Canada. I think you're also bang on when it comes to petitioning the governments in both our wonderful nations to to encourage trade and reduce duties and taxes. Heck I remember a time pre 9/11 when I could cross the border by just simply stating I was a Canadian citizen and what my business was in the USA. Usually it was going over for dinner or going shopping over in Buffalo NY and the US border guys were real polite and friendly bunch back then. Now with the world we live in crossing borders and free trade between 2 nations that granted have had our beefs (see war of 1812) but in the end have remained close friends for nearly 200 straight years is still a sore spot to me. Just pisses me off that because of one close minded person (GWB Republican jerkoff) it's now a pain for people from both sides to just enjoy the freedom that is North America.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #36 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

I don't see it as a huge issue.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
This is why I don't like included shipping in sales. I always list things for a price + shipping. That way we can negotiate on the value of the item separately from the cost of getting it from place to place. The shipping cost is on the buyer and is independent from the deal.

When I make an offer to someone, especially those in the US, I will generally name a price and then offer to pay actual shipping.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
Magfed In The Head

I tried to ship my sister to Timbuktu when we were little
Nugg014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #39 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
I use US shipping rates. If you're north of the border you make up the difference. If not, move along. Same when I'm buying. Pretty much the reason I don't buy anything international. One, higher shipping. Two, takes a little longer.

Small price to pay.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #40 (permalink)
BudgetBaller 2.0

Sorry for the high shipping rates.

-Canadians
Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bricew25...ow=grid&view=0
bricew25 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat