mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
I didn't realize pets could maintain an estate.
in all fairness the donations were collected to be spent on the dog.

she certainly could have just given it all to the owner who would have had to care for the dog out of his own pocket regardless of drug habit anyway, so the money would eventually have been spent on the dog, indirectly.

that said, the woman's choice to refund the rest back to the donators is also a valid option, and was probably the better choice given how many donators are involved and the chances of them not feeling too good about their money going directly to something not related to the dog. i think her final choice was valid.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
in all fairness the donations were collected to be spent on the dog.

she certainly could have just given it all to the owner who would have had to care for the dog out of his own pocket regardless of drug habit anyway, so the money would eventually have been spent on the dog, indirectly.

that said, the woman's choice to refund the rest back to the donators is also a valid option, and was probably the better choice given how many donators are involved and the chances of them not feeling too good about their money going directly to something not related to the dog. i think her final choice was valid.
that all fine in all. but how in the heck do you determine how the money is split up and give back to donors. since some might gave 10 where other might gave 20 or more. so how does one divide money evenly to all donors when each gave different amount. who get to chose how money divide up. that where issue going to be. since might have to give money back evenly or fairly.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

So...Wait...

She raises money to get this man his dog back. She has a surplus of cash from it. He believes he is entitled to this money. That doesn't sound at all like he saw some dollar signs and thought about how much of whatever drug that might purchase.

Trash.

edit :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBUbJhFmTPc
Matt Ribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Barned

What an *******. Seriously, someone is kind enough to be charitable so he can be reunited with his dog, and then he tries to grab everything back.

EDIT:

'I will sue you for
1)Slander
2)Embezzlement
3)....oh what was it, oh right, Grand larsony becuz it's over a 1000 dollars.'
Article says its a little over 800. This guy can't math. While this will probably be a pain in the A$$for the lady, dude sounds like a complete moron and probably won't be able to do much in court anyways. Either he'll get the charge backfired on him, or she'll get a very small charge and keep the rest of the money, hopefully.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.

Last edited by Bloop; 02-24-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

we live in society that want to take ever advantage they can. if they can make quick buck of someone or make some suffer just so they can get by better they will do it. people are always look for easy way out or easy buck now a days. some people do not want to work for it any more they want it easy.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
What do you expect? The guy is from the 909.
Most of the 909 does reside in post-apocolyptic Mad Max type conditions.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
that all fine in all. but how in the heck do you determine how the money is split up and give back to donors. since some might gave 10 where other might gave 20 or more. so how does one divide money evenly to all donors when each gave different amount. who get to chose how money divide up. that where issue going to be. since might have to give money back evenly or fairly.
I would just add the up donations in order of first come, first spent. Once the total was reached, anyone who donated afterwards gets a refund.

Edit: the dog owners are entitlement scum. Gimme, gimme, gimme.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jam

What I don't understand, is why they enabled it to continue on donations past the 400 dollar mark. That's what they needed, they should've cut it off right?

Doesn't make sense to me, and there definitely has to be an underlying story, (ie: the leader in this operation taking some off the top, or taking it as a whole because usually she doesn't have problems. But when she was put in the spotlight, she gave it back.)

I don't know. Seems fishy, maybe it's just after watching too much TV....
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Having been around lots of fund raising I know how easy it can be to go way over expected amounts. (I also am very well aware of just how easy it can be to completely fail to get anywhere near your goals.)

Once my Scout Troop was raising money for a trip. Believe it was a breakfast or lunch event, tickets+donations. Our goal was $500 I believe, and after that weekend we came away with a little more than $6k (Nearly half of that from a single donation). However, we raised the money in support of the scout troop, with the plans of putting money toward this trip first and foremost. We sure didn't have any qualms about keeping the extra for other projects.

I also remember a time when I sold 2 apples in a night of fundraising. That was disappointing. I even had a beaver and cub scout with me. And polite/cute ones, not the snot nosed annoying kind of little kids. They usually raked in the donations as people have a hard time passing those kids and not dropping a few coins in the can.

Now I need to get involved in scouting again.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat