mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:21 AM   #41 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Hey, if someone feels a moral imperative to go live an ascetic's life in a monastery somewhere out of some ill-formed guilt that someone somewhere has it worse, that's their choice. But it seems a bit of a cop-out to assuage their guilt while not actually doing anything to improve anyone else's life.
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #42 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
I feel like this is one of the worst sites to post an article like this.

We sit here on our computers/smartphones/tablets, playing a very expensive sport, and most of us own more than 1 gun. Of course our reaction is going to be "Yeah this guy is crazy."

That being said, I'm preparing to finally move out now that I'm completing college. Over the years I've just unconsciously gotten rid of more and more of my stuff, and I have to say..it is quite liberating. I don't have to worry about taking all this extra crap with me. I just have what I use on a regular basis. I save the money that I would normally be buying this "crap" and put it towards a nice product that will last for a long time rather than something that will need replaced in a year. Perhaps this video would be a bit better for this topic:

TEDxAsheville - Adam Baker - Sell your crap. Pay your debt. Do what you love. - YouTube

Am I saying that we should all sell everything we own? Not in the slightest. We will always want our creature comforts. The better question would probably be, "At what point is it no longer a comfort, but more of an extra?"
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat