mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

If it doesn't say "BUY IT NOW" "FREE SHIPPING" I'm not paying for it

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #22 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I like the feeds features, allows me to track only exactly what I'm looking for. I only deal with a small number of sellers as well, I like the discounters who have old lots of gear and unload it for cheap. A good deal of my paintball gear came new in box with the logos of companies dead for almost a decade. When used as an aggregate for sellers its quite useful.

I find another users point about sniping to be valid, however I also think putting in a high max early on is silly. Users will sit there trying to max you out, continually "deciding" on a new max that they wouldn't have been willing to pay until they saw you were willing to pay. If you wait till the last hour only people who are really intent on buying and not just bidding for the ebay thrills will run you up. This is important for items that only a few people are even interested in, and one idiot can ruin your day (rare items with low true value where an extra 20$ from some rando who got in a bid war with your auto bidder makes it WAYYYY overpriced to win).

my .02

Dust Red/Chrome Evil Pimp Kit
Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Dangerous Power Dark Earth Threshold- Black CP HPR
AGD Classic Mag - Intelliframe, Benchmark rail/forgrip, Shocktech drop/ASA.
Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehome333 View Post
I have been using ebay since forever and I have noticed some trends that are a kind of funny and kind of irritating.

Yesterday I was looking around on ebay and I noticed an auction for two paintball markers (angel LCD and Angel G7). Although this was a single auction for two markers, the price was ABSURD. The minimum price was set to like $6000 and the buy it now price was $7500. So I sent the seller a message and asked "Is this a money embezzlement scheme?" I received no response from the seller, but today, the auction has been removed lol.

On another note. I just do not understand why people bid on things days before the auction is over. Sometimes it is kind of funny to watch an item go back and forth between two people who raise the price by $0.50 increments. I just sit back laugh because in some cases if I really want something I will bid snipe a $2000 maximum bid 5 seconds before the end of the auction. I just imagine there are two teenagers with their parents credit cards crying because they lost
Some of us will bid on things early because it's not something we HAVE to have but would like. You just place your max bid and you're done. I've been pleasantly surprised a couple times by winning this way.

If I have to have something I'll snipe it within the last minute. You may want to be careful with that $2k snipe. That could seriously backfire on you.

Team Trigger Happy
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehome333 View Post
anyone else refuse to bid on auctions that have reserve prices?
Not really, nothing wrong with a reserve. Why should the seller not be able to get what he wants for the item.

It does irritate me though when the reserve is set well above the market value of the item. Or worse, it's set the same as or a couple dollars less than the starting bid. I don't see a point in a reserve when it's done that way.

Team Trigger Happy
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat