mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #521 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Marathon bombing suspect has been arraigned at the hospital....all charges have been sealed

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Old 04-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #522 (permalink)
boo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
There it goes again.

He isn't associating all terrorists with Islam - he's associating two people who committed an act of terrorism after a foreign government identified one of them as have possible ties to an Islamist terror group, and the other who's social media site was plastered with violent videos that advocated Islamist extremism, with radical Islam.

You're proving his point; when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck you're allowed to call it a duck. When it walks like an Islamic Extremist and acts like an Islamic Extremist, god forbid you acknowledge that or some idiot accuses you of being slanted against every Muslim in the world!
I'm more referring to this article
Articles: I Saw Something, So I'm Saying Something

Quote:
I've seen jihadis kill and maim Jews at the El-Al airport counter in Los Angeles and the Seattle Jewish Federation, attempt to blow up airplanes with explosives in their shoes and underwear, go on a hit-and-run killing spree in San Francisco and Chapel Hill, North Carolina, and plant a car bomb in Times Square. And after each Allah-crazed attack, the political-media complex rushes to assure us that Islam is "a religion of peace."
The various media orientations in this country since the days of Hurst and probably well before, have always pushed an agenda.

On the media right of this debate is the broad notion that Islam is a violent religion, on the media left is the agenda that the the right wing thinkers are uneducated and insensitive racists, there for they should have the government and the elite think for them. The lefty media will attack any association of terrorists and Islam as racism, the righty media will fall right into the trap, then counter with "the lefty media is trying to control how you think and speak".

Our media has gone as far to push all three agendas, the left, the right and the terrorist's agenda. Every time the media generates terror and then associates the terrorists with Islam (on the right) or a part of Islam not like the rest of those fun loving Islamics that you should love or your a racist (on the left) the terrorists win.

These terrorists have created terror and then had their cause legitimized by the media as a whole as being a voice for Islam, whether "radical Islam" or "Islam".

When Aum Shinrikyo sarin gassed it's subway it didn't read in the headlines "radical Buddhists killed people". When the Branch Davidians had their standoff with the ATF the headlines didn't report "radical Christians shooting at ATF agents". In all these articles it referred to these groups as "cults".

It's a much better definition
cult
/kəlt/
Noun
A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

It implies the truth, that these people are evil and sick in the head. It takes away any legitimacy of an organisation or their beliefs by declaring them crazy. It makes people think to stay away from them and stop them at all costs before they kidnap and brainwash your children. It makes people weary of any flyer handed out to join a meeting or a group, no matter what the flyer is proposing as the savior.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #523 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
I find this lynch-mob mind set disturbing and highly short sighted. What if the guys were duped into the attack, and then panicked afterwards? For all you know they were pulled into some shady business and thought they were making a drop of some kind in exchange for money. It wouldn't be the first time in history that a bomb or incendiary device was delivered by some clueless third party who thought they were delivering mere drugs for a bit of extra cash in their pocket. Also wouldn't have been the first time in history that unwilling parties had been forced into something by duress, "Do this or we kill your family". I'm sure all of you would happily let your family die in exchange for your freedom and the lives of strangers you don't really care about.

But no, lets not worry about little issues like facts or the close inspection of them. Lets just shoot the guys in the head so we can have a bit of vengeance here and now, and blindly assume we were right. That way we don't have to worry about actually caring about justice, and I'm sure it would save a fortune in court fees. And hell, you could totally streamline the whole legal system this way! Arm every police officer with military style weapons and training, and just have a morgue van follow every patrol car. If these guys don't deserve a trail then why should anyone else? Why should we care about it? "Justice" will prevail, and no one will every rob a 7-11 twice.
Good to see someone thinking and using reason as opposed to the emotional knee jerk response. Kudos.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #524 (permalink)

"A White House spokesman has said Mr Tsarnaev will not be treated as an "enemy combatant", as suggested by some Republican members of Congress. "
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat