mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Slayer of Care Bears

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Myself, Mayvik, Mrstrtal, and a few others are gamers. Not sure if anyone is currently playing. Mayvik and I have moved a few times in the last couple of years. I haven't found a new group or the time.

We tried to run a game in the Irc chat like two years ago.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
Just thought of this but those that like just playing and being dorky and having a good time, not taking it very serious. Try a Card/Board game called Munchkin.
Zombie Dice has been the extent of my attention span for the last few years.

My son has taken over most of my D&D stuff, and I feed him many of our old favorite corruptions.

Something I've had to completely explain though was Traveler. Any of that still going on?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Zombie Dice has been the extent of my attention span for the last few years.

My son has taken over most of my D&D stuff, and I feed him many of our old favorite corruptions.

Something I've had to completely explain though was Traveler. Any of that still going on?

Havent heard of anyone talking about traveler for years. As for other games, we try to play something everyday at lunch, lately we've been playing lots of Fluxx, Fantastic Machine, Small World, Castle Panic, Tsuro, Munchkin, & Zombie Dice.

GHPBOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

I do not run games but have been playing on and off since the early 80's. Been playing steadly since about 90. Every Monday night. Same core 3 players and game master with a revolving cast of others over the years. Mostly D&D 2nd & 3rd. Played the Paladium universes for a number of years and GURPS. Some West End Games. It is how I stay sane in an unsane world.
comovartia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comovartia View Post
I do not run games but have been playing on and off since the early 80's. Been playing steadly since about 90. Every Monday night. Same core 3 players and game master with a revolving cast of others over the years. Mostly D&D 2nd & 3rd. Played the Paladium universes for a number of years and GURPS. Some West End Games. It is how I stay sane in an unsane world.
Nice i had a group in college that played every saturday night for about 3 years. When ever we got bored with one game we would start a new campaign and characters in another. We regular switched between some form of DnD and Rifts which included palladium and heroes/villians. Was pretty fun to have crazy mixed parties in Rifts. Cosmo Knights, Glitter boy pilots, werewolves, mages. I have some pretty fond memories of my Cosmo Knight character flying Mach 6 through the engine compartment of flying transports and tearing them out. Good times.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

I don't game as much as I used to. Have played D&D since 1986, all editions up to 3.5 as a DM and player. I gamed in one continuous D&D storyline for 11 years as a player and DM'd a short campaign that wrapped up last month. Joining a Call of Cthulhu game that's starting up next month. I also played various Palladium TMNT/ After The Bomb, Paranoia, Toon, HERO System and a few others.

As for tabletop, I'm getting the itch for BattleTech again. Going to play some Flames of War WW2 miniatures if I ever get off my *** and finish painting them (British Airlanding and a generic German non-motorized infantry with StuG support companies). Did a bunch of 2nd Ed. D&D BattleSystem back in the day.

My eternal geek badge... an Ed Hardy-esque Displacer Beast.

LettuceHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LettuceHead View Post
I don't game as much as I used to. Have played D&D since 1986, all editions up to 3.5 as a DM and player. I gamed in one continuous D&D storyline for 11 years as a player and DM'd a short campaign that wrapped up last month. Joining a Call of Cthulhu game that's starting up next month. I also played various Palladium TMNT/ After The Bomb, Paranoia, Toon, HERO System and a few others.

As for tabletop, I'm getting the itch for BattleTech again. Going to play some Flames of War WW2 miniatures if I ever get off my *** and finish painting them (British Airlanding and a generic German non-motorized infantry with StuG support companies). Did a bunch of 2nd Ed. D&D BattleSystem back in the day.

My eternal geek badge... an Ed Hardy-esque Displacer Beast.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...boyy/tatt3.jpg
Oh man I forgot about the palladium tmnt stuff. that was an awesome book. Love your ink man, i've been planning on some dnd ink for a long time, just havent ended up getting it yet.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Star Wars, West End version. So easy and simple, D6 4 life
We started back in highschool but we had a campaign going about 5 to 10 years back. We were just talking about starting up again. We have an odd dynamic, though. We have 4 regulars, and three of us take turns gm'ing. Good times.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
Let that be a lesson to all you criminal types. Don't steal old and unique paintball gear. We are the market and we will find you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
he doesn't manage a business, and he should have planned it out better or had some experience in what he was doing before taking pre-orders. the worst part is simply that he took the money and did not refund it... which is fraud.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
Just thought of this but those that like just playing and being dorky and having a good time, not taking it very serious. Try a Card/Board game called Munchkin.
I love munchkin, so easy and fast to play.

The world is like an ice cream sunday.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
on temporary hiatus

Ditto on the Munchkin, have almost all of the sets. They keep making 'em and I keep buying 'em.

Let's see, used to play D&D ever since just before 2nd all they way through 3e, stopping just before 3.5. Also big into Cyberpunk 2020, Deadlands, Champions, Star Wars (West End and d20... the WE stuff was better, mostly for the lack of prequel trilogy and JarJar foolishness), Rifts, and a bunch of other ones that I'm too lazy to type out.

What am I playing now? Um, nothing. Have been dabbling in a great little Lego-based 'mech combat wargame, Mobile Frame Zero: Rapid Attack. Check this out:

Hybrid High Legs/Chub - front by usagi_tetsu, on Flickr

That's less than 6 inches high, and pretty big for the game. I love how much detail some of the better makers in the hobby can cram into such tiny creations.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat