mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #81 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man
 
HyePower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_Rick View Post
Some that might want a GTR instead.
So far, I've only seen about 4 or 5 GTR's in person, 3 of them driven by chicks... says something.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #82 (permalink)
random probability waves
 
Bored383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sandy Eggo by way of Mobtown

Brass and Wood Fan
they had a GTR at the nissan dealership, fwiw
__________________
Quote:
DSA: You know you were a kept kid if you jacked off to Frazetta barbarian babes!
There I was sword in hand!
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay
I agree with Don.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #83 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyePower View Post
So far, I've only seen about 4 or 5 GTR's in person, 3 of them driven by chicks... says something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
they had a GTR at the nissan dealership, fwiw
yes, women buy and drive cars now, you've lived a long life haven't you?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #84 (permalink)
random probability waves
 
Bored383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sandy Eggo by way of Mobtown

Brass and Wood Fan
these horseless carriages are just a passing fad
__________________
Quote:
DSA: You know you were a kept kid if you jacked off to Frazetta barbarian babes!
There I was sword in hand!
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay
I agree with Don.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #85 (permalink)
random probability waves
 
Bored383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sandy Eggo by way of Mobtown

Brass and Wood Fan
I test drove another sonata today . . . with a 6spd stick, go figure
__________________
Quote:
DSA: You know you were a kept kid if you jacked off to Frazetta barbarian babes!
There I was sword in hand!
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay
I agree with Don.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #86 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Cunha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Probably the best thing you can do is buy a used car that isn't from a dealership. The owner matters more than anything. Buy the car from someone who took far better care of the vehicle than you did. This person will probably have receipts to show for it..for things like tires and air filters. Some owners actually keep track of every gas tank fill up.

Its a little bit more work but you save enormous amounts of money.
__________________
"I'll see it when I believe it"

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #87 (permalink)
.
 
The Inflicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nashville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Probably the best thing you can do is buy a used car that isn't from a dealership. The owner matters more than anything. Buy the car from someone who took far better care of the vehicle than you did. This person will probably have receipts to show for it..for things like tires and air filters. Some owners actually keep track of every gas tank fill up.

Its a little bit more work but you save enormous amounts of money.
That's a LOT more work.
How are you supposed to find this person, let alone this person who also owns the car you want?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #88 (permalink)
slowly coming back around
 
usagi_tetsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbia/Jeff City, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
That's a LOT more work.
How are you supposed to find this person, let alone this person who also owns the car you want?
AutoTempest - lets you search eBay Motors, Cars Direct, Craig's List, Cars.com, Auto Trader, and Get Auto (and Oodle if you're on a FireFox browser, but not if you're on Chrome, for some odd reason) for the same set of search terms all at the same time.

On a related note, here's a great article on how to buy used cars. It's part 3 of the series, and parts 1 and 2 are linked at the beginning of the article. I admit, if you follow everything they tell you, it's a bit extreme just to buy a used car, but even I learned some tips I'm using for the next car purchase.
__________________
Want to improve your game? The best thing to buy is more paint and more field fees.

The problem with America is that we confuse our politics for religion, and our religions for science.

Check out my current sale and my feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #89 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
moonweasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kiwiland again

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
That's a LOT more work.
How are you supposed to find this person, let alone this person who also owns the car you want?
Apparently it's a way of life for a lot of car owners here. I'm finally looking at buying a car here in Sydney, Australia at the moment, so many cars have fully logged service books that go on past any warranty limits, plus receipts for other work done.


Not to mention that all important third pedal. Very important in my car search.
__________________
Feedback
moonweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #90 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man
 
HyePower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
they had a GTR at the nissan dealership, fwiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
yes, women buy and drive cars now, you've lived a long life haven't you?
...they're chick cars, DUH!

But anyways, jokes aside, American cars have really stepped it up in terms of quality and features. More so than imports IMO. Right now is the best time to buy an American car. They're trying way harder than say... Honda or Toyota, who are pretty much riding on their reputation of being dependable and reliable, though they aren't what they used to be. Same with BMW and Mercedes Benz. The tables have turned and Japanese cars rule the luxury car market now, and the Germans are mimicking the Japanese, not the other way around. But all around, foreign car companies have started to cut corners ... American car companies are working hard to try and fix their image.

Last edited by HyePower; 05-04-2013 at 11:30 AM.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC