mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #111 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I knew that someone was going to make the comment about four fat people or the like. Hell, with seating up to six people, they don't even all have to that fat, they can all weigh in at 200 pounds each, LOL.

But I did say "on a gas motor vehicle"...

Not that it matters really, Yes, an automated line will do work rather quickly. But the general public don't see these things. They don't watch a car from GM, Ford, or Dodge, from start to finish in 10 hours. They don't see a Forklift battery swapped out in five or so minutes (Remember, this is done in just over 90 seconds). What they see is a video of a person getting out of their car, and doing what they do on a regular basis, get gas from the pump, and fill up the tank. The process takes over three minutes, and often, people are used to five to seven minutes. Then they see, in front of their faces, not one, but two cars get their battery packs swapped out in less than the time that it takes the other person to fill their gas tank.

And they are told that many places where they can charge their cars now, for those with Tesla's, will be able to avail themselves to the same thing, for a fee. One might think that the fee will probably be around the cost of a tank of gas.

Some people just don't get how fast automated stuff can work, so yes, they are OMG about the whole thing. Others are a bit jaded, and so they don't really think much of it.

I guess the best part, if the battery swap stations are placed in enough places, one could do the Gumball in about the same amount of time, or less, than the Lamborghini that you mentioned a couple of pages back.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #112 (permalink)
MCB Member

Delivery Date

My order went into production a week ago. I will take delivery between July 21 and Aug 4.
Swamp Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #113 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
GM: We're Worried About Tesla Motors (F, GM, TM, TSLA, VLKAY)
Old 07-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #115 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy Ever View Post
well maybe if they didn't start making **** cars in the first place they wouldn't fear anyone today.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #116 (permalink)
MCB Member

It is mine and i love it.

Well it arrived just in time for my 47th birthday Saturday so this is my Birthday present.

So far it is a fantastic experince. Everything from the order to the delivery was great. This thing is the best car I have ever driven or owned.

Swamp
Swamp Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #117 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Looking sharp. I like the black, simple and stunning.
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #118 (permalink)
MCB Member

very jealous! Will keep watching to see updates as to how it settles in for you. How charging goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #119 (permalink)
Banned

like a jaguar, but not for old people
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Thing View Post
Well it arrived just in time for my 47th birthday Saturday so this is my Birthday present.

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...55616409_n.jpg

So far it is a fantastic experince. Everything from the order to the delivery was great. This thing is the best car I have ever driven or owned.

Swamp
That is awesome man. Congratulations.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat