mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
The number of grammar errors has me so confused lol.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say. You make another account not TIED to your bank account. Set up another account not tied to your main bank account? What?
My understanding was that MCB catered to anyone who had a love for the game. This was true even if that person's first language did not happen to be English or if that person was not articulate and precise in using the written word. In deference to the attempt to cater to all individuals who shared a love for the game we simple accept the intent of the post even if it had errors in spelling or grammar.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pump Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
My understanding was that MCB catered to anyone who had a love for the game. This was true even if that person's first language did not happen to be English or if that person was not articulate and precise in using the written word. In deference to the attempt to cater to all individuals who shared a love for the game we simple accept the intent of the post even if it had errors in spelling or grammar.
I wasn't trashing him for his grammar. I legitimately did not understand what he was trying to say. I don't know why you guys are suddenly getting all ants in your pants about my post. You could have just clarified what he was trying to say instead.
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I like pie. Key lime.

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Stay on target kids.

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Do what Heinous said, you probably had a key-logger virus on one of your devices.
Next, change all of your passwords... email, bank, etc.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

yeah............bloody wife on FB etc, stupid FB/wife (glad she never reads MCB) i was probably some link she went to, and dont get me wrong she is an intelligent woman......i sometimes wonder if she does it just to piss me off, any way damage was limited as its linked to a debit card for just that reason........of course the money on the debit card was from things i had sold......building up a nest egg, should get more info today.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Sometimes PayPal can be a little too loose IMHO when it comes to refunding people. I've been on both sides of the argument before. I've had somebody hack an old account and spend $90 on something. Got the money back fairly easy, but I've also had an issue with somebody trying to file a claim on an EBay auction. The guy filed a claim against me 3 days after winning an auction on a Friday afternoon because he hadn't received his package by Monday. He was across the country from me and I wasn't even able to get it shipped out same day. Luckily I was able to get the money back when the tracking number showed the package arrived later that week.
When asked why I play pump, I say.
"Im not allowed to carry a semi anymore as a condition of my parole and I really dont want to go back to prison."

SAVE A ROCK. THROW AN EGO.
Pa!ntba!!er2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

well paypall is waiting 7 days to hear form the "buyer" what buyer??? the account was hacked, is that normal?
Old 07-17-2013, 01:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
Love for Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldadoom View Post
wow got up this morning to have the standard "you have sent funds" message from paypall....you can check it on this link "oh yeah right" so log into paypall via a new window, sure enough there is payment details, its for a real odd amount, $85.21, so i have filled a dispute.

My question is how long do these take to resolve and do they usually in end in your favor? we never use her account...so god knows how they got it?

Have changed the password, got any other ideas?
Facebook once charged me over $300 in advertising (instead of $120 I'd intended to spend) through my paypal account and I disputed it...I got my money back within 2-3 days..Paypal almost always sides up with customers than with merchants, given you have basic proof that you didn't send any money nor you intended to make any purchases

Over 1500 fans on Facebook:

https://www.facebook...sforsalenowpage
AJpaintball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
I'll shoot myself anyway

Mine got hacked a while back. I contacted Paypal, my bank, found the company that something was ordered from and cancelled the order. With my bank, I ended up creating a new account with a new debit card attached to it and only put enough in the account to cover what I buy through PayPal. Paypal did take care of the rest, but it took a month or so. Also remember to change your Paypal password AND security questions. (The same goes for anything that is associated with your paypal account such as ebay, etc.) I am not sure how the culprits got in to my account, but I have taken all steps I could. My bank was really good and refunded my money immediately, but they told me I would have to repay it if/when Paypal refunded my payment, which I did not mind.

Hope you get everything taken care of.
Get a taste of religion: lick a Baptist!
WebFisher is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat