mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

don't get be wrong, it's a challenge to stay somewhat stable in the air for longer than 5 seconds or so.. but the group who ride with me and I are learning how to steer while up there.

if you crash, you do crash hard.. the worst injury we've had so far from ~15' up at about 30mph is having the wind knocked out, multiple people have experienced this and pretty much everyone got right back onto it.

though, I need to be honest, for those who saw me at EMR for PP3 and Viper, this is how I sprained my MCL (my knee), I fell off it while taking a turn. the driver thought it could be whipped like you can a normal tube. So he tried to whip me around the bend, the leading side of the ray caught the wind and threw me into the lagging side; where i got disoriented and in the process of trying NOT to hurt myself by curling up into a cannonball position, I banged my knees together causing the sprain. trying to stay oriented on the lagging side is like trying to walk on a waterbed moving at 30mph.. not very easy to do.

Sooo.. as a word of advice, do not try to whip the tube on rookie riders, stay straight and let them try to get air on thier own. if you do try to whip someone, warn them and do it only for experienced riders.

but any gust of wind won't flip in the air, it really is like trying to fly a kite with a tail (you being the tail..) and while on the water it's the most stable tube I have ever seen.. you cannot flip them (they are 15' wide), more stable than most tubes and ski-bobs and banana boats.

=P
Old 08-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

Those look awesome, I'll have to show that clip to my friend with a cabin on a lake. He'd definitely want one, although he'd have to get a bigger boat to tow it first.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Pumpers use both hands.

"Fly fat *** fly"
medic49675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
wes

That looks really cool. I can’t help thinking how long is it going to be until someone attaches a 2000 ft line on one of these and “ how high can I go” Another Darwin award in the making.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

thats freaking awsome! if only i had a boat...
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Pumpers use both hands.

Yeah hitting the water at 50 mph falling from a tube is not fun enough for me. I want to hit the water at 50 mph after falling 20 feet. I WANT ONE!
medic49675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
CHEERS!

I'd still rather have one of these:

http://www.e3s.com/information/docum...leboat_000.pdf

Much better for transport, fishing, sites, etc. IMHO

[/awesome!]

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat