mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #31 (permalink)
Cocker Lover

I gotta agree with all points of this thread but it was only brought up once and I want to touch on it more. What also really bothers me in movies is that while the sound signature of the gun is loud. They are still able to hear when shooting indoors, in shipping containers, warehouses, etc... or even when they purposefully shoot right beside someone's ear and they are still able to hear. Only one that did it some what right was Black Hawk Down
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Agents of SHIELD. A cowboy pulls a side by side shotgun on Coulson. They even show him locking the breech. Grant disarms him and off screen you hear a pump action shotgun as he draws the side by side down on him. Really? A pump? Where?
I watched that last night on the DVR, and paused it right after that happened, complaining to my wife.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #33 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
I watched that last night on the DVR, and paused it right after that happened, complaining to my wife.
LOL - I paused it, rewound it, and then looked at my wife and asked WTF just happened. She caught it the next time I rewound it.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
LOL - I paused it, rewound it, and then looked at my wife and asked WTF just happened. She caught it the next time I rewound it.
And one of my favorite sounds you don't get very often is the sound of a pair of empty hulls popping from a break open and bouncing on the floor.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #35 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
I think my fav movie boondoggle re: weapons is any time any type of thrown or fired explosive or hand grenade is depicted.

The explosions from an actual hand grenade could not BE less exciting. Probably one reason they had to invent the flash bang so the baddies would actually realize they were being torn apart by invisible shrapnel.

But boy, whenever movie folk toss a grenade or, better yet, shoot an RPG, the entire world explodes like everything is made out of pressurized gasoline.

Really, the same thing happens almost every time a car crashes too... they go up like half filled tanker trucks, no matter what.

I always chuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #36 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Really, the same thing happens almost every time a car crashes too... they go up like half filled tanker trucks, no matter what.
Which makes "Last Action Hero" all the more genius .

The other thing I love re: cars and guns is that shooting out a tire in a movie causes cars to do front flips, corkscrews, and all manner of other amazing acrobatics I've yet to see on the 405.
Feedback
matteekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
The other thing I love re: cars and guns is that shooting out a tire in a movie causes cars to do front flips, corkscrews, and all manner of other amazing acrobatics I've yet to see on the 405.
it only didn't flip because it was a range rover!
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #38 (permalink)
Pump guy from Podunk TN

My wife loves criminal minds and it kills me when they appendix carry a forward cant paddle holster. Especially when it's so loosely clipped to their waistband it flaps around.

My eBay feedback http://www.ebay.com/usr/paden327
frontkills is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat