mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #51 (permalink)
I lika doa the cha cha

Quote:
Originally Posted by elraido View Post

And while I haven't watched it yet, but how is this going to effect Agents of Shield on TV?
I wondered this as well. I guess we will see in time.....
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #52 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
The thing is, with Superman, I believe Snyder said there was a reason why he kept the fight in the populated area was to help bring about part of the plot for the next movie. When a city is destroyed, thousands, if not millions of lives are lost, there is going to be a reaction to that. How they handle it, remains to be seen.
I'd like to think so but...
Goyer Reveals WB Doesn't Have A DC Gameplan - Latino-Review.com

Quote:
This movie, I am not sure they thought it out like that. The ships were shooting at one another over a populated area. Debris was raining down on them. While the two ships landed in the landing docks, you know there was SHIELD agents/contractors in there. And from the size of those landing docks, there were a lot of people working on those ships. It wouldn't be any different than going out to a Navy yard when a ship is in dock.

And while I haven't watched it yet, but how is this going to effect Agents of Shield on TV?
Black Widow makes mention that this occurs in the middle of the Potomac. I don't think I saw the carriers ever get over civilian population. They probably could have used a couple shots of non fighters evacuating the Triskelion though.

Actually I think this really helps the Agents of Shield show because a lot of people were upset for how they handled saving Skye. They had teased that there would be a tie in with the Cap2 movie, and after they killed a bunch of guards, that were doing nothing but their job guarding doors, and beat info out of people, audiences started questioning their morals. Some people thought the team had gone completely rouge and that the tie-in to the movie would be Captain america showing up and capturing the team. But now it's more likely that the base they assaulted was hydra.

Also Pierce mentioned during the movie that he had a daughter. Anyone else think Madame Hydra?
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #53 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Also more thoughts on the Superman movie

read from the bottom up(for those not too familiar with twitter)

The Only reason I could even think of doing this, is the one story line in the Superman Comics that he does end up killing...but he has a psychotic break down.(in the movie he seems to shrug it off) but IF, very big if, but if they started the Batman VS Superman movie with a split personality Superman because of the 1st movie, and it was Batfleck's job to take down Clark, then maybe I could accept the film. But as it is? It's not Superman.

sorry about all the nerd rants. This is one of the things that gets me upset. And I was never a big superman person, but taking a good hero away from kids upsets me.

Last edited by dundadun; 04-08-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
Also more thoughts on the Superman movie

The Only reason I could even think of doing this, is the one story line in the Superman Comics that he does end up killing...but he has a psychotic break down.(in the movie he seems to shrug it off) but IF, very big if, but if they started the Batman VS Superman movie with a split personality Superman because of the 1st movie, and it was Batfleck's job to take down Clark, then maybe I could accept the film. But as it is? It's not Superman.

sorry about all the nerd rants. This is one of the things that gets me upset. And I was never a big superman person, but taking a good hero away from kids upsets me.
The thing is, in Superman II, he kills Zod...a defenseless Zod at that because he lost his powers. In the comics, he kills Zod. In the comics he "kills" Doomsday. He realizes (just as in the new movie), that there is no reasoning with who he is fighting. The human race will be eradicated (or at the very best, a majority of them will die) if he doesn't kill them. He is basically given a choice, let innocents die a horrible death or save them the only way possible at that moment.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #55 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I'm okay with a hero having to make the hard decision IF they show that there are consequences, emotional suffering and pain(as the comics did). Letting your dad die for no reason and shrugging off murder don't count to me.

I just havn't heard any of the DC comic creators as happy and excited about their movies as the Marvel ones. Brubaker of Winter Soldier is/was happy to talk about his involvement and final products of the movie. The Gaurdians of the Galaxy comic writers and artists were also happy with what James Gunn and his writers are doing with GOTG, based off of their run of the characters.

Has anyone seen the article by the DC writer that Man of Steel actually took some plotlines from? He practically had an out of body experience of seeing himself yell "NO" during the movie and would have left if his girlfriend didn't pull him back into his seat. Or the article of the Constantine creator pleading to DC to make an announcement either way about him not being involved with the new tv show or giving him access. He is tired of turning down interviews about what he thinks cause he knows squat.

Sadly I'm starting to hear some pretty negative stuff about Sony's Spider-man2. Really wish Marvel studios could get that back from them.

If anyone is confused about Captain America 2 please ask, I feel like the wife and I have geeked out analyzing it so much we might be able to help.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
I'm okay with a hero having to make the hard decision IF they show that there are consequences, emotional suffering and pain(as the comics did). Letting your dad die for no reason and shrugging off murder don't count to me.

I just havn't heard any of the DC comic creators as happy and excited about their movies as the Marvel ones. Brubaker of Winter Soldier is/was happy to talk about his involvement and final products of the movie. The Gaurdians of the Galaxy comic writers and artists were also happy with what James Gunn and his writers are doing with GOTG, based off of their run of the characters.

Has anyone seen the article by the DC writer that Man of Steel actually took some plotlines from? He practically had an out of body experience of seeing himself yell "NO" during the movie and would have left if his girlfriend didn't pull him back into his seat. Or the article of the Constantine creator pleading to DC to make an announcement either way about him not being involved with the new tv show or giving him access. He is tired of turning down interviews about what he thinks cause he knows squat.

Sadly I'm starting to hear some pretty negative stuff about Sony's Spider-man2. Really wish Marvel studios could get that back from them.

If anyone is confused about Captain America 2 please ask, I feel like the wife and I have geeked out analyzing it so much we might be able to help.
Yeah, that was Mark Waid who had the out of body experience. While I did enjoy his work on Superman in the 90's, I thought it was a huge stretch for him to go to the lengths that he did in that interview. He was almost acting like he created Superman himself and that they were dumping all over it. I am sure Segal and Shuster could have felt the same thing about him and how he wrote Superman.

And you sure it was Constantine that had those issues? I know Allan Moore wants nothing to do with any of his works being made into movies...he actually outright wants them to fail most of the time. The changed so much of From Hell, it didn't even resemble the source. He also said Watchmen was an unfilmable novel....that it was designed to be only a graphic novel and nothing else.

If the people at DC had half a brain, they would cast Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as John Stewart, the Green Lantern. The problem with Ryan Reynolds (and that whole movie), he wasn't confident..he was just a funny man with self doubt issues. Green Lanterns are confident to the point of arrogance. That is what gives them their will power. They believe they can do almost anything. The best description that I can think of is, Micheal Jordan. He knew he was the best. He knew no one could stop him. It is that type of will power that powers them....and I think The Rock can pull it off perfectly. Not only that, but he single handedly can save a movie
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:14 PM   #57 (permalink)

So I finally saw it and now I'm trying to figure out whether this movie was based on Captain America or Metal Gear Solid 2.

Last edited by The Inflicted; 05-09-2014 at 07:44 PM.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #58 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Yeah, that was Mark Waid who had the out of body experience. While I did enjoy his work on Superman in the 90's, I thought it was a huge stretch for him to go to the lengths that he did in that interview. He was almost acting like he created Superman himself and that they were dumping all over it. I am sure Segal and Shuster could have felt the same thing about him and how he wrote Superman.

And you sure it was Constantine that had those issues? I know Allan Moore wants nothing to do with any of his works being made into movies...he actually outright wants them to fail most of the time. The changed so much of From Hell, it didn't even resemble the source. He also said Watchmen was an unfilmable novel....that it was designed to be only a graphic novel and nothing else.

If the people at DC had half a brain, they would cast Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as John Stewart, the Green Lantern. The problem with Ryan Reynolds (and that whole movie), he wasn't confident..he was just a funny man with self doubt issues. Green Lanterns are confident to the point of arrogance. That is what gives them their will power. They believe they can do almost anything. The best description that I can think of is, Micheal Jordan. He knew he was the best. He knew no one could stop him. It is that type of will power that powers them....and I think The Rock can pull it off perfectly. Not only that, but he single handedly can save a movie
Honestly, I'd agree. The worst part of Ryan Reynolds' performance is that it was what he was directed to do. If you've ever seen him in Van Wilder, he can totally pull off that effortless confidence if they want him to.

The Rock would be interesting, but I don't know that he'd do it unless they threw massive stacks of cash at him. He's very much in demand right now, and basically filming back to back.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #59 (permalink)
that escalated quickly

My review:

Ok, I finally saw the new Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie. I realize that I'm a little late on watching this movie. Since some time has passed since its release, hopefully I will not reveal any spoilers. If you have not seen the movie then you may not want to read any further.

First off, I am not a Comic-book aficionado. So, perhaps my view on the movie is skewed (& I do not mean to offend anyone), but here it is....

The film seemed to have (what I interpreted as... & again I mean no offense) a lot of underlying gay-undertones or relationships (or at the very least bro-mances) with Captain America & Bucky/The Winter Soldier & even later with Falcon.

The film never established a romantic-female interest for Captain America. Sure, Scarlett Johansson is in the movie (& looks hot). She even kisses Captain America at one point (he's not interested ) & she is constantly trying to convince Captain America to date other women (he's not interested ).

Instead Captain America spends most of the movie casually bumping into his new friend, Falcon. And later in the movie Captain America wants to convince his old friend (Good-guy turned Bad-boy), Bucky/The Winter Soldier who has amnesia, that they were once friends & for him to leave the "Dark Side". The movie even ends with Captain America & Falcon hanging out together.

**ONCE AGAIN ONLY MY OPINION/OBSERVATION** ("And not that there is anything wrong with that" -{Seinfeld reference there})
As I said earlier, I am no expert on Superheroes or Comics, but I can't help but think that the Hollywood script-writer for the movie might have subliminally put these "story/plot devices" into the movie. However, the movie was still entertaining.

"It sure would be nice if we got a day off for the president's birthday, like they do for the queen. Of course, then we would have a lot of people voting for a candidate born on July 3 or December 26, just for the long weekends." [Jack Handy]

MCB Feedback
magnificent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #60 (permalink)
Has ridges...

Movie was good... Until the wingsuit showed up.

Then the movies spiralled into a ridiculous pile of garbage.

TPX
Ruffle is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat