mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #71 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I don't know how you came to this conclusion? This is simply an assumption. For all we know, Marvvel owner Stan Lee was breifed by Marvel's legal team about the use of Thor, and warned that as Norse Mythology is public domain, that they would need to further distinguish their version of Thor or lose substantial rights to his likeness or image. Or possibly they were sitting around and one of the artists said "Hulk is always calling THor 'Blondie', let's give him some tits"

You are really projecting here bud - absent being in the room when the decision was reached we will never really know why they made the change. You continually call it "PC BS" but there is no evidence to support this. Maybe people were just really, really bored and wanted to change something, for no reason whatsoever other than for the sake of change itself...

I swear if you ****ing multi-quote your rebuttle to this I will ****ing never talk to you again.
I'm either not smart enough or not daring enough to use the multi-quote function. You pick

I thought the argument that was advanced earlier was one of attempting to read motivation based on who this story was given to to "break". My opinion is its highly suspect to change something that is making you billions of dollars and does not seem to have any indication of letting up. The why is less concerning to me.
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #72 (permalink)
I've porked many

As a profit based move, giving Thor boobies, might make some PC based PR people happy while running the risk of actually losing the long time regular purchasers of the Thor comic book. From a business standpoint, alienating your regular paying customers is a bone headed move, that just appeases some people that probably won't buy any comics anyway. Sure people are talking about it which in a way is good advertising, but if it doesn't relate to actual income increases in the long run it isn't a good business move.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #73 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I don't know how you came to this conclusion? This is simply an assumption. For all we know, Marvvel owner Stan Lee was breifed by Marvel's legal team about the use of Thor, and warned that as Norse Mythology is public domain, that they would need to further distinguish their version of Thor or lose substantial rights to his likeness or image. Or possibly they were sitting around and one of the artists said "Hulk is always calling THor 'Blondie', let's give him some tits"

You are really projecting here bud - absent being in the room when the decision was reached we will never really know why they made the change. You continually call it "PC BS" but there is no evidence to support this. Maybe people were just really, really bored and wanted to change something, for no reason whatsoever other than for the sake of change itself...

I swear if you ****ing multi-quote your rebuttle to this I will ****ing never talk to you again.
Considering the how, where, and why of the announcement, it is entirely PC. When the first release is on the view and the next actual article is from the Feminist blogger at time, you can figure it out. There is more to support a PC claim than a non PC claim. Considering that almost all of the press and buzz around this states it was a PC move, I think it is a PC move. You have the PC crowd claiming it and praising it and then you have the purists calling it PC and hating. There is zero logical reason to change it.

Not to mention Marvel has been doing this PC stuff for the last few years, and they have not hidden that fact. However, nearly all of those books failed and were canceled.

Also, AFAIK, Stan Lee is not involved with Marvel-Disney any more.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #74 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
Considering the how, where, and why of the announcement, it is entirely PC. When the first release is on the view and the next actual article is from the Feminist blogger at time, you can figure it out. There is more to support a PC claim than a non PC claim. Considering that almost all of the press and buzz around this states it was a PC move, I think it is a PC move. You have the PC crowd claiming it and praising it and then you have the purists calling it PC and hating. There is zero logical reason to change it.

Not to mention Marvel has been doing this PC stuff for the last few years, and they have not hidden that fact. However, nearly all of those books failed and were canceled.

Also, AFAIK, Stan Lee is not involved with Marvel-Disney any more.
I see you've played "Knifey-Spooney" before...
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:22 PM   #75 (permalink)
MCB Member

Ok so just to get the actual facts straight...

Thor (hammer wielding) is now going to be female once saved by Thor (non female) and decides to pick up his hammer after he is considered no longer worthy in a brand new Thor series with a unique and integrated storyline with a couple of other "new" stories(notably "new" Iron Man and "new" Cap). She will also be just another female title character like Black Widow, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel(who has not only been different genders but completely alien also just as an FYI), Elektra, She-Hulk, and an upcoming Storm (who along with Rogue has also wielded a form of Mjolnir before as an FYI) comic

Thor ("original" male no longer worthy to wield the hammer - goes back to using his axe Jarnbjorn making its triumphal return) is still going to be part of the Avengers who also comprise the "new" Iron Man and "new" Cap (Avengers #35 cover)

Now on to a synopsis...
So they/we (as writers/as readers) get a Thor going back to his Celestial killing badass roots along with a bigger *** hole of an Iron Man and a "flying" Cap. And as an added bonus we get an established but with more "powers" able to technically be brought out and dusted off Mjolnir storyline integrated into and around the Avengers with a female wielder who happens to change her "name" and take on the name of Thor in his honor for saving her.....that about sum it up.

Yeah new directions and ideas = bad for any growth in any industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat