mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Drill Here,Drill Now...Pay Less.

American Solutions - Petitions

I'd like to not see this thread spiral into a political debate . Just read over the petition,and decide if you'd like to sign it or not.
Venge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Flying Bunker Tagger

Read, agreed with, and signed. Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Sharks watch "Super-Cameron Week"
super-cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Signed up. I have worked the oil field before and seen reclaimed locations after the rigs have moved on. There is no reason not to drill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Signed, something people don't realize. At least the ones who say it won't matter becuase it won't come into use for 10 years is that the speculation will drop like a rock when it looks like more supply will be forthcomming. What is driving the price is the percieved scarcity (made worse by limitation on exploration) and it will evaporate as soon as the drills begin breaking earth. Maybe not as soon, but it won't take 10 years, that I will stick with.
The greatest want of the world is the want of men- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by it's right name, men who's concience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

True-
This decade mirrors the 70s.

By the end of the 70s, gas was at it highest point ever. However, it could not be sustained, and it led to a total collapse of the oil market, dropping the price to the lowest point (until then).

Some things are different now- Mainly the industrial revolution of China and India. Though in the 70s, it was the USSR, Japan, that helped drive up prices.

So I know it won't last forever. Eventually, more refiners will be built. Directly by the government if it comes to it. People will eventually allow more drilling once people start dying from hunger. The market will collapse, and speculators will leave the energy field. etc.

But it will likely be another couple years before it changes again.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venge View Post
American Solutions - Petitions

I'd like to not see this thread spiral into a political debate . Just read over the petition,and decide if you'd like to sign it or not.
aren't the reserves for times of peril like war? what do we use in a war if we use those up now?

IMO the source of the oil factor in less than the big oil companies. they are making record profits. wasn't that the reason for a hearing a short time ago? In that case we should do something about the CEO's not the locations.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
So what if they have record profits? Are we supposed to laud over failing businesses, and demonize anyone who has the "gall" to make a profit?

Start thinking on it... Even if they took their entire profit 9and said screw you! to ever 401K and mutual fund investor) it wouldnt make a dent (OK, a .0012 dollar dent) in the price of gas.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Flying Bunker Tagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
aren't the reserves for times of peril like war? what do we use in a war if we use those up now?
It's not the reserves. It's actual areas of the country that have craptons of oil that we have yet to drill in to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Sharks watch "Super-Cameron Week"
super-cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Nelson View Post
Signed, something people don't realize. At least the ones who say it won't matter becuase it won't come into use for 10 years is that the speculation will drop like a rock when it looks like more supply will be forthcomming. What is driving the price is the percieved scarcity (made worse by limitation on exploration) and it will evaporate as soon as the drills begin breaking earth. Maybe not as soon, but it won't take 10 years, that I will stick with.
Exactly. Just approving this should cut the price per barrel 30% easily.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Isn't it the case that because of the global market for oil, there's no guarantee that oil that is produced domestically will end up in the USA market? That is, oil could be pumped out of ANWR and shipped directly to China and India where the economies are growing and oil consumption is increasing dramatically (as opposed to falling as it is hear and in the EU). I heard on an hour-long call-in program last week that the estimates for increasing domestic oil production would be a drop in the bucket (~2% of global production IIRC).

If you're for this petition, it seems like to be consistent you should be in favor of nationalizing our oil industry or at least making sure the government isn't signing away royalties to oil companies that drill on public land.

MCB Feedback
sdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat