mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Coffee

I have been drinking various coffees recently on a quest for the perfect flavor. I've found it.

Vanilla macadamia nut kona blend:
Kona Vanilla Macadamia Nut Whole Bean 10 oz.-Hawaiian Isles Kona Coffee Company

You're looking to turn these into relatively coarse grounds. Then, use a French Press. Put a small amount of heavy cream (heavy whipping cream is the best) into a mug, and pour coffee on top. Phenomenal.
stircrazzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
WGP whore

Thats why coffee is so nice. There is a taste for everyone. I got to sample all of their coffees when I was training them. That is good but I prefer not to drink flavored coffees. It takes away from the beans true flavor.

I am getting in a shipment from Tennessee this week. The last blend that I got from them was amazing.

OK, I'm a coffee geak. But hey, it's my job.....

Had it been a blind body and not blue I would of jumped on it like an eithiopian on a steak dinner.

My Ex-Wife is ungrateful She Never Used the Wedding present I bought her......A COFFIN

http://www.myspace.com/baconfiend

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ht=jesterbuilt
Jesterbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lions, Tigers, and Bears...

Wink

I'm with you.
My truck wont pass a Starbucks but dont try to give me any of that phoo phoo stuff, just strong coffee plz.

going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
WGP whore

Bada Ba Ba Bahhhhhh. I'm lovin it!

Had it been a blind body and not blue I would of jumped on it like an eithiopian on a steak dinner.

My Ex-Wife is ungrateful She Never Used the Wedding present I bought her......A COFFIN

http://www.myspace.com/baconfiend

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ht=jesterbuilt
Jesterbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
my personal favorite coffee is dark roast with the good fair trade beans from Africa funny thing is the place I get it at is a local cafe and it makes better coffee and it's cheaper and fresher than a timmies. after having drank it I can't drink timmies. as for flavored coffee my favorites are butter pecan and caramel biscotti. both are quite interesting at first you taste the coffee then the added flavor kicks in. great drink no matter how you slice it

long live the bean that gives the dark precious liquid that despite what most people say our bodies just run on like a well oiled machine lol

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

Pete's or small independent coffee shops other wise the machine home and on my bench at work brews kona blend from Costco.

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

I wish I had a picture of the exact place but it's called 'La Galeguetza' its a small coffee and chocolate mixing store just outside of the this market in Oaxaca, Oaxaca. Hot Chocolate is kind of an obsession there as it was with the Zapotecs Empire so many years ago, it's what most people have for breakfast with a bakery item. The store has a rows of grinding/roasting machines where attendants roast fresh coffee beans and mix fesh roasted cacao, sugar and cinnamon into a paste to the customers preference. There isn't a big tradition of coffee growing/drinking among Zapotecs or the Mixtecs who make up most of the population of the city since it's mostyl a European tradition except for export. So I naturally came home with 10-15 lbs of the most delicious, dark nectar Milton Hershey never heard of and 1 lb of some coffee I had been asked to bring back. The bag with the coffee in it developed a small tear in transfit and less than a spoonful spilled out but every item I owned in that suitcase was permiated with the greatest coffee smell I had ever experienced. Suffice to say the intended recipient never recieved that coffee and I rationed it out for about a month to the last grounds and I'm still kicking myself for not bringing back more. Alas, another reason to return. My point: If it's something you're passionate about you have to go to the source.

TheDude's Feedback

Last edited by TheDude; 06-19-2008 at 11:09 PM.
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
drg
Banned

I'm not a flavored coffee guy myself but vanilla mac is a very popular flavor. It does smell and taste very nice, especially in the morning.
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Not in the picture

A French Press really does make a nice cup of coffee. I usually like a hazelnut flavor for mine. I also only drink Starbucks for convenience. Most of the indie coffee shops in my area close just after lunchtime, or 8 pm at the latest. Too bad, too, because as popular as it is, I just don't think Starbucks tastes very good. Now the barristas...
www.knightstalkerspaintball.com
www.oxcc.com
Yellow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Send a message via AIM to d4rksabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
my personal favorite coffee is dark roast with the good fair trade beans from Africa funny thing is the place I get it at is a local cafe and it makes better coffee and it's cheaper and fresher than a timmies. after having drank it I can't drink timmies. as for flavored coffee my favorites are butter pecan and caramel biscotti. both are quite interesting at first you taste the coffee then the added flavor kicks in. great drink no matter how you slice it

long live the bean that gives the dark precious liquid that despite what most people say our bodies just run on like a well oiled machine lol
Blaspheme!

Timmy's is what it is though, cheap coffee. If I could get a cheaper cup around here at anytime of the night or day, I would. But I love my Timmy ho's.

Starbucks definitely gives a good bang for the buck though. Gimme a large coffee, black, and I'll be wired for at least and hour or two. Only coffee I've ever drank that makes me shake physically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat