mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Whats your boggle?

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog_TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier_Bill View Post
^^Its not about drifting, thats about precise handling and skill. You need to drift to complete those turns at that speed. And another thing... its kinda hard to ACTUALLY do drift competitions in an AWD vehicle, no?

Bah. A subaru is no Rice burner. Its an AWD beast if you don't get the crappy ones.

That driving... awesome. Had to find my jaw, it was on the floor for about 4 minutes there...
Most of it was drifting, not saying the guy don't have skill. Just doesn't impress me much. Hes in a car with 500+ hp that i bet don't weigh 1800# and is awd. Let me see it done in a car that weighs twice as much with half the hp and then i will be impressed.

Feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Automag... when you absolutely have to mow down every sucker on the field!.....accept no substitute.
bulldog_TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to op4_camper Send a message via MSN to op4_camper Send a message via Yahoo to op4_camper

All that money spent on the car and know one could pull the damn key in ignition warning.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

That guy has some skills.

I like the HIGH speed drift at the very beginning and everything after it really...
E-Blazer #2567
Blazer #819
Typhoon #640
Cherry Pyre #38
2k Blazer #2114D
Lori Series Blazer #2129-SOLD
POG #1028
geeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Moderator

These cars were designed for rally racing. Rally is a mix of on-road, off-road, dry, wet, snow, ice, and mud conditions. I can't figure out why Americans aren't more into rally seeing the American love affair with racing and driving. It's still a European thing, even though few of the manufacturers in WRC are European anymore!
Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I wonder what his tire bill is for that.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog_TT View Post
Most of it was drifting, not saying the guy don't have skill. Just doesn't impress me much. Hes in a car with 500+ hp that i bet don't weigh 1800# and is awd. Let me see it done in a car that weighs twice as much with half the hp and then i will be impressed.
A car with awd needs that much hp in order to drift. And it def weighs more than 1800 Lbs. Any one can spin a car but not with that level of precision. Giving a car more hp makes it harder to control bc it just waNts to spin out. Doing that level of drifting in a regular car will kill it very fast. Your revving at high rpm consistantly so your engine will probably blow and without a good suspension set up you won't be able to do most of what he does. Be pretty much all drift cars are rwd not awd the cars you see that may originally be awd have their awd systems removed.

---MCARTERBROWN FEEDBACK---
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post578456
slickninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Pseudo-Agg

Send a message via AIM to 99GenX

I love my Subaru.

Me
99GenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #28 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrrpie-CT View Post
These cars were designed for rally racing. Rally is a mix of on-road, off-road, dry, wet, snow, ice, and mud conditions. I can't figure out why Americans aren't more into rally seeing the American love affair with racing and driving. It's still a European thing, even though few of the manufacturers in WRC are European anymore!
Because Americans only like to drive in circles or go straight

---MCARTERBROWN FEEDBACK---
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post578456
slickninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
Most drifting cars are AWD, with a few RWD, like the Mustang. FWD cannot drift, what they do is called sliding, and it usually ends badly for the car. Gymkhana is a combination of drifting and autocross, but that video is off the chart, I first saw it about two weeks ago, been in shock ever since.
Actually, most common drifting cars are RWD, as they are easier to control, and cheaper. AWD allows for more crazy action and higher drift angles.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
Whats your boggle?

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog_TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickninja View Post
A car with awd needs that much hp in order to drift. And it def weighs more than 1800 Lbs. Any one can spin a car but not with that level of precision. Giving a car more hp makes it harder to control bc it just waNts to spin out. Doing that level of drifting in a regular car will kill it very fast. Your revving at high rpm consistantly so your engine will probably blow and without a good suspension set up you won't be able to do most of what he does. Be pretty much all drift cars are rwd not awd the cars you see that may originally be awd have their awd systems removed.
Sorry meant 2800# Either way still doesn't impress me much.

Feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Automag... when you absolutely have to mow down every sucker on the field!.....accept no substitute.
bulldog_TT is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat