mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
That is right - mostly there was some chatter from us - but out of 50 there was probably only about 12 auto triggers - and they way those players were blowing heads off you would not want to rely on the AT.

I found the rules they posted:

1. No motorized/mechanically assited hoppers
2. Reload with 10 round tubes only
3. 45 degree rule for spinning, which will be explained more in depth during the captain's meeting
4. Jerseys must be tucked in at the start of the game, all harnesses must be OUTSIDE.

This only netted fifty players in the mecca of pump play - southern California. I would play stock class for the rest of my life if I could get real competition from real stock classers. Meaning - good people. Pumpers tend to be more honerable.

TF
What's the 45 degree rule/spinning?
Old 11-23-2006, 07:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
When you're behind a bunker, and your opponent moves to run and bunker you. What happens in traditional paintball is that after the guy gets shot in the move, they quick spin and end up shooting the guy running. Technically they shouldn't be allowed to since they are eliminated.

So to try and avoid people pulling a spin the 45* rule was put into effect. Which I applaud. It's a good step in the right direction.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
It really did work too. The ref's were great at this event. There was little to pull - but when someone broke the rules - pull they did.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Congrats on the win. Did blowfish play just 4, or all 5 stock class?

By the way for those interested, pics at http://www.Chrono300.com and http://www.katspix.com under NSA.
Raynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
They only had 4 members for thier first 3 games... that they won! They picked up a fifth member who had a hopper and no reloads.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
When you're behind a bunker, and your opponent moves to run and bunker you. What happens in traditional paintball is that after the guy gets shot in the move, they quick spin and end up shooting the guy running. Technically they shouldn't be allowed to since they are eliminated.

So to try and avoid people pulling a spin the 45* rule was put into effect. Which I applaud. It's a good step in the right direction.
Ok, so what if a guy tries to bunker you, and misses you ? You still can't turn around to shoot him ?
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Loin Falcon Palin

Send a message via AIM to paintjunque

Congrats on a job well done TF.

My Junq Sale
paintjunque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Congrats on the win. I'm sure it was a hard fought and well earned victory.

I have to wonder about the spin rule as well. Seems like it's just a natural reaction to spin and fire when you're in the heat of battle. The hard part is for the ref to figure out who got in the first shot that landed. I don't envy any ref that decision.

In a perfect world the player behind the bunker would admit if they shot before or after they were hit and make the call to leave the runner in play or not. But even then I imagine it would be hard to know for sure in some cases.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
If he missed and you shoot him - it is fine. If he hits you in the back and you spin 90 degrees to shoot him and it breaks you get a one for one. If he hits you in the back and it bounces you have to wait for a 'clean' call before spinning. It stops stupid spinning EVERY time a bunker move happens.

I love this rule - it supports aggressive play and makes for more fun and better spectating.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
They only had 4 members for thier first 3 games... that they won! They picked up a fifth member who had a hopper and no reloads.

TF
You know, I was looking at the pictures of them starting and I was like, I'm only seeing four of them... and that would be like the blowfish to show up at nationals short. Good to still see a team using mostly SC markers out there.

-Rayn
Raynman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat