mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Tooting my own horn... toot toot!

Competing in Orange County California against some of the best pump teams in the nation Pumpenstein took first place to be crowned the best stock class team (modified stock in this case) in the nation. NSA National Champions! Showing the world that pump teams do not only exist in California we trained hard and are very proud our win.

I know - I am tooting my own horn - but we are proud. I am the big ugly one in the middle. The rules were, no agitating hoppers and only reloading using 10 round tubes. If you think you can whoop up on us - come to the next NSA Nationals where we defend our title.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.

Last edited by Talfuchre; 11-22-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

you know the rules --> Where are the pics of said tournament?

Congrats on your win.
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

pictures

I must say, congrats dude!

I wish there were more large games here...

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Pics are fixed - photobucket was being stupid.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Just look at those huge hoppers
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Try it sometime - take on the LA Hitmen, Blowfish, Hard Eight, Flipped Out and others and you could have a Halo and it would not be easy. Get out your stockgun and put your stickfeed where your mouth is.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Modified stock? I see hopper, tank, and guessing on the markers in picture I assume auto-trigger as well. That's straight up Open class.

However petty dictionary definitionization aside. Congratulations on an obviously hard fought battle to be crowned victorious. I'm wondering if the jet lag actually gave you guys a boost!
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
It is tough to have a national sized tournament with just stock classers. The reality is that most teams had one or more straight stock classers. This was anything but a hose fest. Every player on our team averaged about 110 rounds per game - less than a hopper.

If stock classers want a national event or a large enough tournament to see thier side of the sport grow - they need to attend the event and travel. Until that happens you are going to see modified stock class.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, didn't even imply that nor would I. Not even saying any one form of play is better, or worse, or one takes more skill, or none of that jibba jabba. Simply that there's stock class, modified stock class, and what you guys have is Open class. Anything goes... save for pneumatic assist I would assume. But that's a given Stock trying to stick as close to original set of guidelines as possible with 12grams and horizontal 10rnd tubes, modified stock being lenient (say verticle stick feeds, 15-20 rnd feeds, lever changers, check valves, etc.), and Open class which of course requires a pumping action but removes the paint and air limitations drastically.

And I am in the same boat of thought as you. Strict stock class could be nice, but the bigger required crowds come not from stock but from hopper toters. It's just how it is. And for a series/field to make it fun, profitable, etc. they need the largest turnout they can get. Because as a side effect the more people at the event 1, there more there will be at event 2, and then so on at event 3. At least hopefully, word of mouth spreads and excitements gets the better of some locals and they join up. Or in your case not quite so local

As well for the newer players wanting to start out, Open class is much more economical. They already have a pod, hopper, and tank setup for their semi. If they can simply transfer those over to a pump gun and be good... they will be more willing to give it a try. Not to mention open class is a good bridge between stock and semi, you can both have very conservative shots but also have some decent firepower when the time really asks for it.

Which I'm sure if there was video of the event it would show. I'd bet all of $5 that most of the time the majority of the teams do conservative single shots. Autotrigger only occuring off the brake, and other very few occurances. So not just another arms race necessarily.

Again though you guys busted your arse and deserve what you have earned. I only wish that it wasn't 3K miles away and during the holiday season. I really would much love to participate as I have the equipment requirements
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
That is right - mostly there was some chatter from us - but out of 50 there was probably only about 12 auto triggers - and they way those players were blowing heads off you would not want to rely on the AT.

I found the rules they posted:

1. No motorized/mechanically assited hoppers
2. Reload with 10 round tubes only
3. 45 degree rule for spinning, which will be explained more in depth during the captain's meeting
4. Jerseys must be tucked in at the start of the game, all harnesses must be OUTSIDE.

This only netted fifty players in the mecca of pump play - southern California. I would play stock class for the rest of my life if I could get real competition from real stock classers. Meaning - good people. Pumpers tend to be more honerable.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat