mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Azzy...quit your bitching.. it's 3.15 here outside of Philly... and that was yesterday afternoon!

Unfricking believeable... I remember when it was .99 or less!
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Stop complaining? LOL I think folks should complain MORE!

shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Red=mod, but not Schmitti

CCM Fan
and thus shartley shows once again why he is the fearless leader. Right on man!

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Support your local fields. The game you save may ne your own.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." ~ Lily Tomlin
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fully Stocked

I'm not complaining It's the only time driving the company billboard is cool (service van)... I feel for my boss though.... he's got about 50 chevy van's that get about 10-12 MPG on good days.... Even as a tax right off , what do you get like 20 percent of it back? I average about 30~35,000 miles a year.. that's a HUGE bill ... i'm sure he charges for it but you still have to put it out

Last edited by Latoolman; 04-24-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Latoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

And to whom do we complain to? Our President (former oilman)? Our US Senators? State Goverment? The OIL COMPANIES?

Please...

They all heard this last year when prices broke $3.00 and we are going to get the same lip service we got from them the last time and every single time there was ever a spike in prices.

Secondly, if you really want to make an impact, then:
1. Drive less or drive under 65 (driving 70mph decreases MPG by at least 5%)

2. Stop "speeding". From our own goverment -->"Aggressive driving (speeding, rapid acceleration and braking) wastes gas. It can lower your gas mileage by 33 percent at highway speeds, and by 5 percent around town. Sensible driving is also safer for you and others, so you may save more than gas money."
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/driveHabits.shtml

Keep your vehicle in tune, tires properly inflated, keep the junk out of the trunk of the car...yada yada. We have all heard all of this before... Honestly, have we learned from it from last year?

Truth be told, Gasoline IS in short supply. There has not been a new oil refinery built in the USA in the last 30 years. Until there are new refineries built, I don't care about how much new oil drilling that can be done by the scum oil companies... They have no way to make it from oil to gasoline (and other products) fast enough with current capacity. This is basic supply and demand issue. An issue that oil companies has not addressed because in the last decade "there was no money to be made refining"
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/busin...ude_12-12.html

And honestly, I doubt these are actually high prices for gasoline anyway. Just wait until Labor Day. THEN we are going to see some real high prices in gasoline. And if you really want to see some skyhigh prices, wait until the next hurricane slams into the Gulf Region, disrupting supplies yet again.
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

About $.50 goes to taxes in Ma and it has been that much for a long time there was talk last crunch of reducing the tax.

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Well the fine people of Washington State

Decided a 9cent on the gallon tax was a great idea. Of course thats over the next three yrs. Man I'm still waiting on them roads and education money from the last 80 tax bills. I guess people in this state have money. So I feel your pain,it's just that we are going to get it a little harder.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

Yet another reason to drill in Alaska. Or was that the plan all along? Hmmmm....

I agree, we haven't seen anything yet - summer is coming and vacations are planned. Gas normally goes up during the summer anyway, but this time it's going to be pretty rough on the ol' wallet.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Damage Inc Lord

Send a message via MSN to hey_yeo Send a message via Skype™ to hey_yeo

mike31c makes some good points for gas mileage. One thing that pisses me off is the people who buy SUVs and trucks and don't need them. The whole "but I need it for winter driving" is bull considering you can drive just fine in winter with a car if they have good snow tires. (I delivered pizzas in rural Ontario during snow storms )
hey_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_yeo
mike31c makes some good points for gas mileage. One thing that pisses me off is the people who buy SUVs and trucks and don't need them. The whole "but I need it for winter driving" is bull considering you can drive just fine in winter with a car if they have good snow tires. (I delivered pizzas in rural Ontario during snow storms )
I've got a Ford Explorer 4x4 and need it for winter driving. In Tennessee. When we get snow. When I get run off the road by the idiots here who have no clue how to drive in a little snow and/or ice. Not that this has happened (the snow lately nor getting run off the road), but it's come way too close a few times. They hear about a few snowflakes falling and there's a mad rush for bread and milk at the store.

What ticks me off is that, according to rumors, many great fuel efficient ideas have been squelched by the oil business in the early days of cars. I've heard of ceramic engines, engines that run completely off ethane (?? whichever corn can be converted to), and other advances that ahve been squashed all in the name of profits.

PJ is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat