mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Maybe I just have a really good Best Buy near me. I've never had any problems with them. Actually, once I had a mp3 player that had major issuse after 4 months so I brought it in to see what they could do, and at first the lady was saying they could do nothing, but then the manager walked up and let me use the money that was put into it originally plus about 150 of my own and get an Ipod.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
I think you should be able to pull out your knife and bust open the package on the spot while you shop to ensure that thier presumption is correct.

If the don't like all the open boxes - they can shove it.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

I know how you feel. I bought a PSP through amazon about a month ago. But it came through another company. Turns out they sent me a japaneese PSP. Japaneese PSP's can't play american UMD movies. I wouldn't be angry if they had just advertized I may be getting a foreign PSP, but it was never once mentioned. So I've been trying to get ahold of the software place to see if they'll exchange it for an American one. Well after about four emails still no respanse from them. I talked to amazon but they wern't much help. Now my only option prettu much is to call sony and see if they want to help me out.

God I hate retail!

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Pregnant Dude

Well, my situation has gotten a little better on this. I contacted the manufacturer, Salton. They took down my info and e-mailed me a UPS label for return/exchange. No questions, no hassles, and they're picking up the tab on shipping.

Conclusions:

Salton = They seem to understand customer service. Pleasant and polite, I would most likely purchase one of their products again.

Best Buy = Rude, unpleasant, andf I had to go through four different people before I even got a straight answer as to why I could not return my item.
I will NEVER shop here again.

Rothstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

There are ways around theses dilemas.
Not particularly leagal
#1 Walmart-oops I just got this this and opened it and the dumb thing was broke right out of the box. Walmart just chucks thing around the trucks and back storages that they expect returns for damage.
#2 Sears- every sears in existance has "satisfaction gaurenteed or your money back" policy
Oh and by the way, your dog ate the reciept in both cases
Not saying it is right or legal (let your concience guide you) but it is a way around the problem.
I personally have never used these options. (I make a scene for three people in the middle of the store at the busiest time of the day)

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES.. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
mrwisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to thrive78

Some more best buy love....hahahahah

"I JUST BOUGHT YOUR HARD DRIVE"
http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/06/one...posts?GT1=8211
POG #1062
POG Feedback MCB Feedback
thrive78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Unregistered

Meph, do you think Wally World's liberal return policy has something to do with their success?

custar

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat