mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

My buddy the cop

Well, good day today, really good day, until oh 30 min ago. Ok so just got out of youth group and our church parking lot was a dounut haven. So... I did a bajillion dounuts with a friend, and appearently, Mr. Officer was keeping tally. So he blocks the exit and flashes his lights. This is the OH S$%@ moment. I'm 16, driving my dads truck at the time, and if I screw up, I pay for everything including insurance (no job btw). So I drive up, shut off the truck and hop out with all my papers. He gives us a short little lecture on how that was illegal and such (seemed like a nice cop, not the kind that MUST write a ticket). Then gets in his car and radioes everything in, meanwhile we're both scared, but snickering about it. He gets out about 10 min. later, hands us the papers and such, and tells us we're free to go. So I think, yes, off the hook. Nope. A close family friend drives up and starts askin me what happend, and tells me to tell the parents (which I was going to, I swear ). This comes 2 weeks before they are about to leave me and my brother home alone for a few days while they go on a conference. So, as of now, I suppose I'm grounded, not quite sure though, I KNOW I probably won't be allowed to drive for awhile, and I doubt we'll get to stay home alone now. It's funny though. I'm not really upset. Is that normal? Just felt like sharing.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
We live on a a dead end road. I have lived here all my life. I am 31 now. My daddy use to tell me if I must act stupid do it in front of the house. The quarter mile strip of road in front of my house use to look like a airport landing strip with all the black marks. I had the greatest dad when it came to that stuff. I had to buy my own tired though.

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it..
Tigwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

We did plenty of that stuff back in highschool, never got caught though. We had this huge open parking lot next to the harbor in my hometown that they used to store boats in during the summer. In the winter they'd keep it plowed and it would ice over and was perfect for doing drifts and donuts on, 4WD cars will spin in place on ice if you crank the wheel all the way, its pretty fun.

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigwldr View Post
We live on a a dead end road. I have lived here all my life. I am 31 now. My daddy use to tell me if I must act stupid do it in front of the house. The quarter mile strip of road in front of my house use to look like a airport landing strip with all the black marks. I had the greatest dad when it came to that stuff. I had to buy my own tired though.
Yea, see my dad was cool about it. He just said it was only a mistake if ya do it once. My mom on the other hand, is a worrier. I gauruntee that she has it in her head now that I'm headed for a life of crime and I'll be the black sheep of the family. Now, in all honesty, this isn't that big of a deal, but to her, I just burned down the house or something.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_stud View Post
Yea, see my dad was cool about it. He just said it was only a mistake if ya do it once. My mom on the other hand, is a worrier. I gauruntee that she has it in her head now that I'm headed for a life of crime and I'll be the black sheep of the family. Now, in all honesty, this isn't that big of a deal, but to her, I just burned down the house or something.
But to your Mom, her baby just did something wrong and a cop caught him at it.

Of course, Mom used to speedshift Nanny & Papaw's car, and Nanny used to sling gravel down the mountains in Gatlinburg in her old pink Caddy, so my folks were a little more understanding.

AIM: PJDarknight
CPPA #1145 / PPIG #496 / LPPC #103 / POG #1047 / Team Rogue Cell #7
PJ's Gallery on MCB
Feedback on MCB
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Nope, my mom was goody goody bankers daughter. My aunts occasionally mock her cause of it too. A big risk to her, is leaving the oven on while we go to church.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

Well, you got off quite easy. My last run-in with cops wasn't near as lucky. Then again, I deserved what I got. I was grounded for about a month.. not driving except to get to work.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Illusion owner

Send a message via AIM to sunfisher89 Send a message via Yahoo to sunfisher89

Hahaha, I remember my first donut. I was pulling into the bowling alley near Philly for a tournament, with my mom in the car. There was like a 1/8 of snow/ice on the big open parking lot because we got there way early. So I was like,
Hey mom, can I do a donut?
No.
Please?
No.
Aw, come on nothing's gonna happen.
Fine, but just one.

WOOOHOOOO. That was awesome. My mom was holding onto door and the hand rest of the Jeep for dear life. I ended up bowling well that tournament too.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

First donut, I can't remember it anymore but when I got my 87 Supra I re-blackened the parking lot at work. I had keys to the building at that point so if the cops came I could say I worked there and was just wasting some time and I figured I could get out of any trouble pretty easily. I had a friend with a Transam GTA there a few times, that thing left more rubber the few times he was there than all of my adventures combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_stud View Post
My mom on the other hand, is a worrier. I gauruntee that she has it in her head now that I'm headed for a life of crime and I'll be the black sheep of the family. Now, in all honesty, this isn't that big of a deal, but to her, I just burned down the house or something.
Now to hijack your thread.

Lol, you want a life of crime theres currently a bench warrant out for my arrest! I'm such a criminal too.....I didn't pay a parking ticket because when I went in to pay it they had no record of it. They said that it MAY have been moved somewhere else and was in the works to become a citation, I never received said citation so I thought I was clear. Normal parking tickets are given out by a parking jerk that has a little machine that prints out fancy tickets, the one I got was hand written so I though it was possible that it never made it into the system. Now I'm being threatened with arrest over what was a $10 ticket. Given how much crap goes on in this town I'm surprised that this is their priority. I would like to see them handle the illegals that drive around that are unlicensed and uninsured that crash into stuff and just get away with it because its to much trouble or something. I have no issues with anyone of any race that is here as long as they are here legally so don't take that the wrong way. Its just the ones that break every law I can think of and the police just don't do crap to them.

This is a first for me(at least that I know of) so I will end up laminating my copy of this and framing it. I am just so damn proud to be an american.....

end rant
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Well, I got a big suprise today I guess. The family friend I talked about explained what happend to my parents and I guess had such a positive effect on em that I'm in no hot water any more. Drove to school today, went to work then the PO and no problems. I think they're atleast happy I didn't lie about it.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat