mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Hall of Shame (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/hall-shame/)
-   -   CRO Lever Rifle Pre-sale Revisited. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/hall-shame/154673-cro-lever-rifle-pre-sale-revisited.html)

scarecrow 02-04-2009 09:37 PM

CRO Lever Rifle Pre-sale Revisited.

Well, two projects I had hoped would generate enough income to get the shop back up fell through and I'm still just a bit short of where I want to be. The mill is running now and the lathe is 95% re-assembled, just waiting on the repairs to the underdrive. I finished zeroing the carriage, cross-slide, and compound today. There are still a number of tools and supplies that are desperately needed. Work should begin on these within a couple of weeks now. That said I'm going to add a couple more pre-orders on the CRO lever rifles. Current pre-order stands at six rifles and an absolute cap at 10 rifles. After they are done I'm moving on to a different project so that will be it for these.

Here are the specs

The rifles will be Blue Streak conversions, lever action and spring feed with tank in stock. All exterior metal fittings will be SOLID BRASS, this means the lever, retainer cap, magazine plug and cap, trigger, trigger shoe, sight rail and sights. Bolt will be delrin or brass at the buyers option. Buyer will also have the option of finish, either polished and clear coated brass or dura-coated in any color. If I get at least 8 pre-orders then nickel plating will also become an option.

Lever action. Levers are going to be custom made, not adapted rifle levers. They will be brass with stainless inserts at the wear points. I'm custom making these levers so that they will fit the KP/Streak stock properly- no gap between the lever and the pistol grip of the stock. Big loop lever is an option if one of the buyers so desires it. And yes, once these are complete the levers themselves will be available to anyone who wants to buy just a lever for their own conversion.

Spring Feed. Side tube spring feed with brass plug and cap

Tank in stock. Markers will be tank in stock only (due to them being Blue Streak conversions) if you wanted to use a 12gram you would need to use a quick changer in the stock ASA.

Solid brass retainer cap (trigger mount) with velocity adjuster. I'm casting my own from solid brass. No more ugly painted pot metal. And yes, these too will be available once I've gotten everything up and running. Trigger plates will either be brass with stainless inserts or solid stainless. Another possibility is that they will be nickel plated brass. Still working out the bugs on that one. The retainer cap will likely feature a safety that is compatible with the Sheridan design but different in construction. Meaning I should be able to make it work without the need to modify your existing stock for those would like to purchase one of these once they are available.

Brass sight rail and blade sight on barrel.

Buyers option of either delrin or brass bolt.

A possible option will be nickel plating if I can get enough pre-sales to purchase the needed equipment.

Serial numbers will be CRO-00X with 'X' being numbers 7-10

Price is $650 Shipped. I will supply everything.

Current List

CRO-001 C6Quad
CRO-002 RareBrass
CRO-003 Angel Chaser
CRO-004 Sean_Chip
CRO-005 Freedom
CRO-006 Listessa
CRO-007 Gen
CRO-008 MSM0711
CRO-009 Uranus
CRO-010 Duzzy

Duzzy 02-04-2009 09:40 PM

Price?

Brassballs 02-04-2009 10:15 PM

sounds like ANOTHER close copy to the BretG KL...:old:

WilD 02-04-2009 10:19 PM

Do you have a prototype we can see pictures of? I am assuming the money must be prepaid in full. Is that correct?

scarecrow 02-04-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilD (Post 688803)
Do you have a prototype we can see pictures of? I am assuming the money must be prepaid in full. Is that correct?

Afraid I don't have a prototype to show as I intend to batch build these. I will be doing a prototype, but haven't started on it yet as much of the casting materials I will need have yet to be ordered. What I can tell you is that the final product will be much more refined than the lever conversions that have been made to date. I expect the lever to be linked directly to be bolt on the side of the rifle, no cheesy looking linkage systems. The lever itself will be cast of brass, one piece and custom fitted to the KP/Streak stock.

Unfortunately yes, at this price they need to be paid in full in advance, I'm doing this so that I can buy the rest of the tooling and supplies I need to make this happen.

Gen 02-04-2009 11:03 PM

Possible discount if we provide a Blue Streak or parts of a Blue Streak?

scarecrow 02-09-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gen (Post 688897)
Possible discount if we provide a Blue Streak or parts of a Blue Streak?

If you provide a complete blue streak I'll drop price to $500

mjlynnjr 02-09-2009 03:02 PM

Put me down for one and feel free to PM me with payment info and such. Thanks! -Mike

scarecrow 02-09-2009 08:06 PM

Okay. CRO-007 is SPF.

Need to pre-sell one more and the Nickel plating option will become available to all buyers.

msm0711 02-10-2009 09:20 PM

Nix that question.... I'll take CRO-008. Contact me with payment info at your leisure. Thanks!