mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   ICD (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/icd/)
-   -   ICD Promaster (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/icd/211505-icd-promaster.html)

[MOOSE] 08-21-2012 03:20 PM

ICD Promaster

Just got one for really cheap and I love it. Only shot it in the back yard though. Any upgrades that will truly help out its performance. Besides a barrel kit and a board, it has a kila board in it now.

forstgump 08-22-2012 12:58 PM

You did what!, in the back yard? ;)

The KiLA is good. Just a new Hpr and maybe Lpr.

[MOOSE] 08-22-2012 01:19 PM

Woops!!!! Typo!!! Lol that's funny.

What hpr would be a good choice? And lpr.

desertT1 08-22-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [MOOSE] (Post 2451684)
Woops!!!! Typo!!! Lol that's funny.

What hpr would be a good choice? And lpr.

Does it need a new HPR or LPR? If not, just stick with those for now. The only aftermarket LPR I'm aware of is from AKA which is almost as expensive as the entire marker.

EDIT: I got a Promaster for a project several months ago. After a lot of reading, the only upgrade that I was really interested in was the 'ebay' valve. Unfortunately, it looks like those are not available anymore. If you can find one of those, they are supposed to be worth it.

The Crammer was an aftermarket ram that opened up the volume of the ram and let you drop the LPR. Supposed to get less kick that way. I haven't used mine to shoot paint yet, so I don't have a comment one way or the other as to if that is needed.

forstgump 08-22-2012 02:39 PM

Promaster FAQ

[MOOSE] 08-22-2012 03:04 PM

It doesn't need an hpr I just have a couple laying around that I could put on or swap out. It doesn't have much kick at all honestly.

Nobody 08-22-2012 05:54 PM

its not a bad gun, it got the bad rap for being cheap.

changing out the HPR is suggested, as stock HPRs are not the best. whether its recharge or creep, you can find better.

you don't have to change the valve. the ebay valve might have better flow, but nothing that a dremel can't fix. use it before anything. there is a lot of subjective talk about them. what's better, what's best. hell, triggers are the most subjective.

the one thing i can tell you that is an upgrade is a new harness. which i do make. ;)
its an upgrade as the harness is near 8 years old and the bus(the black square) can become brittle and break. as well as a different coloured LED.

[MOOSE] 08-22-2012 05:59 PM

What do you mean by harness? Which part is that?

Nobody 08-22-2012 09:27 PM

the wiring harness is what plugs into the board and connects the on/off, battery plug, eyes and LED to the gun. not that its a consumable part, but time does not do plastics very well. as i said, the bus can weaken, wires can be pulled, wires can break, be crushed, pinched, and for whatever reason, many people tend to learn how to solder on ICD harnesses and not always with the best results.

[MOOSE] 08-23-2012 01:10 AM

Okay gotcha. Any performance upgrades with your harness? Either way if I find it to be a problem I'll give you a holler.