mcarterbrown.com

Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #41 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post
I lied. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a properly fitting barrel Monday, Once I get one, I'll get right on shooting some FS through it and getting back to y'all
I put my faith in you and you blew it............ How will I know I can trust you again? I don't know if I can trust anyone ever again...
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
just in case anyone wanted to know, i recently purchased a hammer 7 and shot it with a hh .684 i already had and it shot pretty good. i didnt have a chrono available so i wasnt sure of the velocity, but for how windy it was i was pretty impressed with how strait the fs shot. no matter what direction i shot, the wind didnt affect it. the trajectory was similar to a paintball, and i didnt get the distance i expected. im going to chrono next time i get a chance and see if i was low, but i dont think ill run any optics.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #43 (permalink)
Post Whore

At level arch they dont perform terribly different. Just better accuracy. Its when you start arching shots that the fs shines. It maintains grouping and velocity much longer then a ball does. Youl probably want optics of some type
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #44 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmak View Post
I put my faith in you and you blew it............ How will I know I can trust you again? I don't know if I can trust anyone ever again...
Because I'm getting back to you now? a little late is better than never, right?

Took an Armson Stealth Barrel, took the pump arm off of my hammer 7 (the barrel won't fit without modification, and I wanted to make it bolt action anyways), and threw some FS rounds downrange.

To my unexperienced eye, it seemed to shoot much better, it certainly made the sound signature more bearable, less of a barking tone than the stock barrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #45 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Because I'm getting back to you now? a little late is better than never, right? my attempts at human comedy

Took an Armson Stealth Barrel, took the pump arm off of my hammer 7 (the barrel won't fit without modification, and I wanted to make it bolt action anyways), and threw some FS rounds downrange.

To my unexperienced eye, it seemed to shoot much better, it certainly made the sound signature more bearable, less of a barking tone than the stock barrel.
thanks for the feedback sir.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

Old 06-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
thanks for the feedback sir.
I figured you were joking. If I had been worried that I had wounded you, I would have probably PMed you an offensively long apology.

Glad to have helped. I plan on using the armson stealth at the scenario I'm debuting my Hammer 7 at in august. (first chance I'll get to use FS rounds at a field)

Quote:
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #47 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
I figured you were joking. If I had been worried that I had wounded you, I would have probably PMed you an offensively long apology.

Glad to have helped. I plan on using the armson stealth at the scenario I'm debuting my Hammer 7 at in august. (first chance I'll get to use FS rounds at a field)
You wouldn't happen to know the bore size on said armson, would you?

Old 06-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #48 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
You wouldn't happen to know the bore size on said armson, would you?
They vary slightly, so I don't know this exact barrels ID, but they typically run between .687 and .689 according to the man behind the barrel.

Quote:
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #49 (permalink)

Has anyone tried a Deadlywind barrel? I'm curious as to if it would work with FSR...I plan on playing mag fed only, but want the option to be able to shoot regular paintballs and FSR through the same barrel (changing sleeves as necessary of course).
bigandugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #50 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandugly View Post
Has anyone tried a Deadlywind barrel? I'm curious as to if it would work with FSR...I plan on playing mag fed only, but want the option to be able to shoot regular paintballs and FSR through the same barrel (changing sleeves as necessary of course).
Why would it not work with FSR? It'll work like any other smoothbore barrel, it just won't really add anything performance wise like a rifled barrel can.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman